Author Topic: William Wilson born 6/10/1819 Ipswich  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Wilson born 6/10/1819 Ipswich
« on: Wednesday 04 April 12 14:07 BST (UK) »
Looking for the family of William Wilson born 6th October 1819 Ipswich bapt at the meeting house 1 November 1819 paents William wilson and Sarah booth.  William came to Tasmania sometime b efore 1851 where he married Sarh worsleyMay of that year.  Haventg the ship he came out on either which would be helpful.  Want to get back beyond 1819/  Also marraige of William Wilson and Sarah Booth if any.  Area in Ipswich could have been Hadleigh, as there was a William Wilson born there in 1819.  Not sure if the parents of hat William was williama nd Sarah.
thanks

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: William Wilson born 6/10/1819 Ipswich
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 April 12 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Orontes, was reading your query via Suffolk mailing list earlier  ;)

Hadleigh is a market town and not a part of the county town of Ipswich.  As a large town, Ipswich has many parishes, however, if you have already found records for The Meeting House your further records may well be there or another non-conformist chapel.

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Captain2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Dear Grandma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 April 12 18:29 BST (UK) »
If you don't already have the details for William's baptism, here they are
from the Registers of the Independent Meeting House, Tackett Street in the parish of Ipswich, Suffolk
William Wilson born 6 October 1819 and baptised 1 Nov 1819
parents William Wilson - Mariner & his wife Sarah.
Interestingly, if William is a mariner there may be other children baptised in other chapels if he moved around, I can't seem to find any further baptism's for William & Sarah in Ipswich.
There are also a number of children being baptised  in the Tackett Street chapel at around the same time as William, to parents John Wilson (a brush maker) and his wife Mary, maybe a connection ?  just a thought..
hope this helps
HARE - Taunton, Somerset  COOKSON - London ANDREWS - PLANE & PARKER -Peckham
HYDE - Berkshire - Australia/CLEMENTS - Berkshire
WOODLEY - Berkshire - Oxfordshire
GARRETT Bradford Abbas, Dorset
SMITH - Islington, Holborn, London
TROAKE - Devon - ADAMS - Devon/Somerset
WINNEY - Berkshire/Oxfordshire
EASTERSON - Kent  BURLINGHAM - Oxfordshire
LYONS & CURTIS - Berkshire

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 April 12 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Orontes, was reading your query via Suffolk mailing list earlier  ;)

Hadleigh is a market town and not a part of the county town of Ipswich.  As a large town, Ipswich has many parishes, however, if you have already found records for The Meeting House your further records may well be there or another non-conformist chapel.

Pat ...

hi Pat, We do not know is the hadliegh family is ours. We have so far that William Wilson son of William wilson a Mariner was baptised 1 November 1819 at the Meeting House, Ipswich Mother Sarah Booth.  so it would seem nt the Society of Friends meeting house.  Just found a entry on  my National Burial CD of a
William wilson 1849 at the Unitarian Meeting house 1849, so this could be the 1819 Willisams father. both at Ipswich.  I only found the one William in a meeting house on the CD which Ipswich is well represented.  thanks for hte info re Hadleigh.

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 April 12 03:54 BST (UK) »
from the Registers of the Independent Meeting House, Tackett Street in the parish of Ipswich, Suffolk
Interestingly, if William is a mariner there may be other children baptised in other chapels if he moved around, I can't seem to find any further baptism's for William & Sarah in Ipswich.
There are also a number of children being baptised  in the Tackett Street chapel at around the same time as William, to parents John Wilson (a brush maker) and his wife Mary, maybe a connection ?  just a thought..
hope this helps
Thanks for helping Captain.  We did find a image on familyseach the other day on the Genealogist.  Didnt know of the other Wilson children to John so could be a connection. Trying to find the mairners record now and it wasnt previously known he was a Mariner. Found a death on my National burial Index cd for a William Wilson in the Untarian Meeting hose.  Not sure if he had a wife sarah.  Did look for a marr on free bmd afte 1849 as William died Nvember 1849 according to the cd and the freebmd..  thanks

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 April 12 03:56 BST (UK) »
hope this helps
Forgot to mention so far we have three children William born 6th October, bapt 1 nove 1819 my firends line he came to Tasmania to live, they went to Suffolk in 1859 where a son Thomas was born. they returned. There was a son George and a daughter Eliza.  She was supposed to have been born at Iken as reported on a census. Thanks again

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 April 12 10:37 BST (UK) »
Tackett Street Independent Meeting House was Congregational.

Most of those chapels called Independent Meeting house came under the Congregational religion. 

I have sent you an email (via your request on the WILSON-UK mailing list) with links to the various non-conformist chapels in Ipswich and there were several.

The Society of Friends, ie the Quakers meet in Fonnereau Road.

The wonderful building that is the Unitarian Chapel is on Friars Street.

You will find further information on all Ipswich churches and chapels at Simon's website
www.suffolkchurches.co.uk

I know it can get rather confusing  ::)

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Orontes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 06 April 12 11:39 BST (UK) »
Tackett Street Independent Meeting House was Congregational.

Most of those chapels called Independent Meeting house came under the Congregational religion. 

I have sent you an email (via your request on the WILSON-UK mailing list) with links to the various non-conformist chapels in Ipswich and there were several.

The Society of Friends, ie the Quakers meet in Fonnereau Road.

The wonderful building that is the Unitarian Chapel is on Friars Street.

You will find further information on all Ipswich churches and chapels at Simon's website
www.suffolkchurches.co.uk

I know it can get rather confusing  ::)

Pat ..

Thanks Pat.  I wondered what religion of the folk at the Meeting houses were

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 06 April 12 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hi

You state that William Wilson b.1819 had a brother George and a sister Eliza (latter born Iken).

Can you tell us where/when George born, and when Eliza born (assuming she married so who did she marry?).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk