Author Topic: trying to find a baby  (Read 3548 times)

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trying to find a baby
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 April 12 11:35 BST (UK) »
thanks for your help do you know who i would contact to find ount where she may have been buried

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 April 12 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

Although she died in Banff, the family were from Marnoch. I'm not sure if anyone on here has the MIs for Marnoch but 1924 is a bit after the date covered by  most published MIs. I think it would be best to contact the local authority - I'm not sure if lairs/cemeteries would come under Banff and Buchan or Aberdeenshire but here's the link to the unitary authority:

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 April 12 13:50 BST (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 April 12 20:14 BST (UK) »
I've checked the Marnoch M,I.'s but although there are several Grays in both books none of them are Donaldina. This is for the main part of the kirkyard & several of the dates are up to the 1970's. Don't know if she's buried in the remainder of the kirkyard. She may also be interred without her name being on a headstone. Best bet would be to contact the registrar at Banff.
If you think any of your ancestors may be buried in Marnoch Kirkyard give me their names & I'll look for them.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 April 12 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi flst  :)

Her parents were Joseph Gray and Elizabeth m.s. Duffus. They were living Whitehill, Blacklaw, Marnock in 1924. On the 1911 Joseph was 32 and Elizabeth 33

Joseph b. Ordiquihill and Elizabeth, Banff

gnu

Added - I'm not seeing a death for either in Banffshire at the moment  :-\

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 07 April 12 23:55 BST (UK) »
Had a look -  the only Gray who might be a relative is an Alexander Gray who died at Mossbank,Blacklaw 21Dec1959 aged 78, (his wife,Jane Dey died there 4 July 1953 aged 69).

Here's another post by raggyroo. looks like they might've found the info.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,588180.0.html

flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.