Author Topic: Harry Mitchell  (Read 2235 times)

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harry Mitchell
« on: Tuesday 10 April 12 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hi could anyone please help in looking for the death of harry mitchell 1884 about born in bermondsey but I dont know where or when he died thankyou appreciate any help
Mitchell-Bermondsey, Walworth/ Powers-Stepney, Pekham,/ Flynn-Limerick, Camberwell/ Dawson-Kent/ Bartlett-Deptford Kent,/Burrows-Surrey, Hitchin & Holywell In Bedfordshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Mitchell
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

When and where was the last sighting of him ie have you got him in the 1901 and 1911 censuses?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi janeann1966

Welcome to rootschat  :)

There are two Harry Mitchells bn c1884 Bermondesy on the 1891 and 1901 census -
with parents
George and Fanny
William J and Katherine/Kate

are either of these yours?  As Groom asked when/where do you last have him?

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 11:47 BST (UK) »
george mitchell and fanny woodcock-moss were his parents and they were from bermondsey and the story is my grandad had a photo on his wall of 2 of his uncles who joined australian army in ww1 and never came home another family member said a memory is they settled in oz but we dont know for sure and at one time a researcher asked about mitchells on my tree for their tree owner in oz but wouldnt give details he was on 1901 census but all notes were destroyed so cant remember where thanks
Mitchell-Bermondsey, Walworth/ Powers-Stepney, Pekham,/ Flynn-Limerick, Camberwell/ Dawson-Kent/ Bartlett-Deptford Kent,/Burrows-Surrey, Hitchin & Holywell In Bedfordshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 12:43 BST (UK) »
So is this him in 1901?

Piece:  394   Folio:  30   Page: 51   

27, Lucey Road, Bermondsey

George Mitchell   Head   Married   M   55        Skinner                 Bermondsey     London       
Fanny Mitchell           Wife     Married   F   51                                     Witney        Oxfordshire       
Mark Mitchell           Son           Single   M   25        Skinner                  Bermondsey       
William Mitchell           Son           Single   M   25                                   Bermondsey      London       
James Mitchell           Son           Single   M   21        Lime Preparer         Bermondsey         London       
Albert Mitchell           Son           Single   M   19        Skinner                   Bermondsey         London       
Harry Mitchell           Son           Single   M   17        Harness Preparer    Bermondsey         London

Sound from what you say as if you need to be looking for a death in Australia.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 12:51 BST (UK) »
Using the free 1911 search  http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/tnaform.aspx  he is still with his parents in Bermondsey, so must have gone to Australia after that and before 1914 if he joined the Australian army rather than the British.

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 13:33 BST (UK) »
thanks and in the past i tried quite alot on different sites australian ones and army but just never been able to find him really appreciate you looking tho and yes that is def him wirh his mum fanny and dad george thanks again

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 04:43 BST (UK) »
Have you found his birth Janeann?  It would be much easier to find him in Australian records if we had his full name. And it is a much tighter time frame with known parents to search for his birth.

However I have been looking and haven't found it ... :(

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland