Author Topic: looking for annie christie and william christie  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for annie christie and william christie
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 22:20 BST (UK) »
Back to the search ~

I've found the death of William Christie (married to Catherine Inglis), Crofter , aged 27. 20 May 1899, at Milberhill, Marnoch. Alexander Inglis, father in law, was the informant.

This might explain why the two boys were with their grandparents on the 1901.

Not found a death for Catherine though. I'll have another check for her on the census.

gnu

PS - I don't think the Hannah b. 1901 is theirs
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 22:26 BST (UK) »
I think you might have misunderstood my shorthand - it relates to the census info in Reply  #1 compared with  #3 On the 1911 their birthplace was given as Aberchirder and in the 1901 it was given as Marnoch. I was merely suggesting that it was given as an equivalent in this case.

In this case it is of course perfectly correct.

But your "shorthand" might later be read by someone who doesn't have your (or my) detailed local knowledge and who might therefore misinterpret it as meaning that Marnoch is always equivalent to Aberchirder.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 22:28 BST (UK) »
I wonder if this is Catherine:

In the household of Robert Stephen at Wardhaugh, Inverkeithny Banff
Catherine Christie, 25, Geneal Servant - domestic, b. Marnoch

Catherine Inglis was b. Marnoch 2 July 1874.

gnu

Added - for info ~

Abercherder was the old name of this country and parish, which is now called Marnoch, the church being dedicated to St. Marnoch.

http://www.abdnet.co.uk/genuki/BAN/Marnoch/index.html

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 08:53 BST (UK) »
thanks for all your help  with this matter

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 16:28 BST (UK) »
Aberdeen City Council have the school admission rolls for Marnoch School covering the time period you're looking at. The child's date of birth, & address,  & parents or guardians names will be recorded.It should also show the name of the last school they went to. This is useful when you're trying to find families in between censuses.
regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 21:08 BST (UK) »
thanks for that flist but do you know who i contact

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 21:17 BST (UK) »
It's Aberdeen City Archives. They have not only the city archives, but also most of the archives that used to be held by Grampian Regional Archives, which is why they have records relating to Banffshire, Moray and Kincardine as well as Aberdeen and (the real historic county of) Aberdeenshire.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/education_learning/local_history/archives/loc_archiveshomepage.asp
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 22:23 BST (UK) »
thanks for that i will send them an email and see what i get back