Author Topic: brinkley  (Read 6282 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: brinkley
« Reply #18 on: Friday 16 February 24 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Think my Charles Brinkley , traveller in The Folly Caravan census 1881 . Hertfordshire is connected to this family . Early days in my research . Any help welcome . Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 16 February 24 07:21 GMT (UK) »
Your Charles is my 1st cousin 4x removed. He is son of Jonathan Brinkley and Aquila Smith. Charles partner was Siberetta Welch daughter of James Welch and Providance (Vidance) Smith. Siberetta died in 1887 age 35 of Septicaemia. Charles then went on to marry Mary Ann Donnell nee Stimpson in 1898. His father Jonathan is son of Robert Brinkley and Elizabeth Tunstill and brother to my 3x gt grandfather William Brinkley who married Ann Shaw. Jonathan died in 1867 in Edmonton of cancer, a travelling hawker and wireworker of Weston, present at death was an Isiah Smith.

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 16 February 24 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Smiley . I have just started on this for my second cousin so you have added meat to the bones . Do you know where the family originated from . My second cousin was always told there was a family that were travellers and I think we have started to get her tree sorted . Thank you . Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 17 February 24 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Originally Hertfordshire in the 1700s, the travelling Brinkleys that is. One of Robert and Elizabeths sons went to East Anglia and the travelling Brinkleys there come from him. My lot started in Herts and ended in Edmonton. My 3x gt grandfather William Brinkley was bapt in 1805 Knebworth, Herts, with his future wifes sister Mary Shaw, so shows there was a connection to the Shaws prior to their marriage in 1828 Hitchin Herts. I think the Brinkleys may have been called something else before they were Brinkleys.