Author Topic: baffled  (Read 3344 times)

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
baffled
« on: Wednesday 18 May 05 13:08 BST (UK) »
Im utterly baffled.
I have been trying to find My great grandmother's death . I found what could be her in 1837 site in Wrexham in 1920 but I cant find it in the BMD for North Wales and yet Wrexham is in there?
 Any ideas why?
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline Flipster

• RootsChat Member
  • Respice, Adspice, Prospice
    • View Profile
Re: baffled
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 13:17 BST (UK) »
S Foxed,
looking at the NWBMD, they have only indexed to 1853 for Wrexham so far on the Deaths.  Ive got that same problem with some of my husband's relatives from the same area.

Flipster
Hackett - Black Country
Shakespeare - Birmingham/Middlesex/Leicestershire
Williams & Millington - Denbighshire
Davies - Rhondda/Black Country
Whittle/Bowen - Black Country
Bradshaw - Birmingham
Millard - Cambs
Smith/SQUELCH! - Birmingham
Peart - Yorkshire
and on and on and on.......

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
Ahh.  Isnt that annoying!I will have to go back into 1837, and see what I can get from that. Apparently the local authority have steadfastly refused to let the Mormons in and show no signs of relenting.
I hate buying things when I dont know for sure its what I want. It wouldnt happen in any other situation!
regards SF
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 December 05 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  I know it is some time since you posted your message but I am new to Rootschat.  I live in Wrexham and the local Museum/History centre has a CD with all the burials in the Wrexham Cemetary.  If you haven't already found what you are looking for, please give me your G Grandmother's name and I will see what I can find ASAP.
Regards
Mike
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 December 05 11:22 GMT (UK) »
THANK you.
 her name was Georgina Augusta Shearer nee Pomeroy born Stepney in London died around / after 1925 ( because my 90 year old aunt remembers her.!)
 Thanks
Have a good christmas!
foxy

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 January 06 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  Had a look at the burial records for Wrexham Cemetery but could not find a record for Georgina Augusta Shearer.  She could have been buried in one of the outlying cemeteries if she did die in Wrexham.  Happy New Year and best of luck with your research in 2006.  I know we all need it.
Mike
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 January 06 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for looking Mike
happy new Year to and happy hunting!
annie

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 09 January 06 15:20 GMT (UK) »
I notice on the Pomeroy One name website that
"Georgina Augusta Pomeroy married Dr George Shearer in West Derby, Toxteth, Liverpool, in 1868, before moving to China"

Free BMD has the marriage entry June 1868 West Derby 8b 776.

There is a link to a lady called Annie King which I could PM you, unless of course you are Annie King ;)

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 09 January 06 16:07 GMT (UK) »

Thats me!  I also have websites;
 one Pomeroy
http://www.geocities.com/ pomerytwig /ourfamily
and one Shearer 
 http://www.geocities.com/scotsshoes/index.html
in case you're hunting for connections to either!