Author Topic: COOPER  (Read 2922 times)

Offline rubyzzzzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • gypsy Heritage
    • View Profile
COOPER
« on: Sunday 15 April 12 20:10 BST (UK) »
Just found out  my great grandmas maiden name was COOPER Harriet, lived in Deptford 1920's, her married name was STUART any info please contact...
TAYLOR / STUART/ COOPER/HUDSON

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COOPER
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 April 12 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hello, if you need help in researching your family, you will need to give a bit more family detail, this will help to establish which part of the COOPER family you are member of.

Remeber DO NOT post information of living persons!

Offline rubyzzzzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • gypsy Heritage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 12 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi ....   I have found out that Harriet Stuart, NEE, COOPER, had my grand dad Gordon Arthur Stuart on 23/01/1922.
Her husband was William Arthur Stuart AND LIVED at 26 Stanhope Street, Deptford SE8.
They also had other children which were , George, Bill, Betty,Mary, Eileen, Shirley and also my grandad Gordon Arthur Stuart as above but  was also known as Jack..
In the 1901 census there is a William A Stuart ,Aged 10, hes father is named as Gordon, so you can see there is a naming pattern going on....
pls help

Offline Juddyduddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stuart
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hiya

I don't know if I can be of any help but my mum is Shirley who is the sister of your grandad.
Please feel free to email if you think I can help in any way.

Offline rubyzzzzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • gypsy Heritage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, REALLY PLEASED TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE A RELATIVE OF MY FAMILY, AS YOU MAY KNOW MY GRANDAD'S MOTHER WAS HARRIETT COOPER, TRYING TO FIND OUT ANY INFO ABOUT HER REALLY AS SHE WOULD BE MY GREAT -GRANDMOTHER , SO WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR NAN,
WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT OUR FAMILY REALLY,
YOUR SECOND COUSIN
SAMANTHA

Offline Juddyduddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 September 12 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hiya Samantha
It was nice to hear from you regarding our family history.
I spoke to my mum today who can confirm
Your great grandad was called William Arthur Stuart who died
24/11/1944
And your great grand mother Harriet (Cooper) died 1/2/1945
I can let you know which cemetry and plot no. If your interested.
By the way it would be nice to know who your dad is as I do remember
some of my cousins from when I was a child. I know a bit about
Some of your great aunts if that would be useful.
Kelly

Offline rubyzzzzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • gypsy Heritage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 September 12 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly,
              Thank you so much for giving me the dates of my great-grandfather & mothers death dates, i would definitely like to know the cemetery and plot number so I can go and pay my respects. I ant tell you how greatful I am to know this.
My grandad and nan Mary, had my dad jonny (frogget) and his brothers Joey , David, and sisters, suki, peggy, jackie, rainie, Sharon and joannne.
I have tried to trace my roots through my aunts but none of them seem to know much or just don't want to tell me, thy have always claimed they never knew there nan and maybe thats because she died in 1945,
I would be interested to know as much as you can tell me, as I have been told that my grandad has a brother that lives in a home, but my aunt suki said I cant go and visit him.....dont know why????
I would also to be interested to know where my great nan and grandad came from, did they always live in Deptford????
Anyways I could go on asking questions all night....
Look forward to hearing from you,
your cousin sam  x

Offline Juddyduddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 September 12 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hiya Sam

I have a little bit more info for you.
Your great grandparents are buried in Bexleyheath Cemetry C Plot grave No. 833.
My mum says your grandad was named after your great grandads brother who was a policeman in Blackheath.
Your great grandad was born in Scotland (my mum thinks) but as they came from Romanies who knows? My mum says none of her brothers and sisters were born in the same place so they obviously travelled all over the place.
My mum says she always called your grandad Jackie and I vaugley remeber him. I don't remember your dad though. My cousins are  alot older than me. Second cousins are more my age. 
Your'e great uncle Georgie is not in a home but is in shelterd/assisted housing on the coast. My mum and her sisters Betty and Eileen go and take him out on his birthday and Christmas. I don't know why your aunt would say you can't visit him he is a very gentle man.
My mum syas your great grandmother had a sister that she always called aunt gwent that lived on Douglas Street Deptford.
There are so many questions I could ask you but this isn't really the place.
Speak to you soon
Kelly xxx

Offline rubyzzzzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • gypsy Heritage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly,
             Can't thank you enough for the information you've given me, your a starr.......i'm so greatful, Can't believe  my great grandads brother was a policeman...haha
Do you know my aunt Anne, (suki) as she lives in Blackheath ?
sam
x