Author Topic: 1913 E/Roll lookup please  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1913 E/Roll lookup please
« on: Monday 16 April 12 07:01 BST (UK) »
Some time ago someone on RootsChat was kind enough to inform me that they had found Edith FAWCETT on the 1913 E/R.  Is anyone in a position to check that for me please?  I'm looking for Edith FAWCETT - in 1911-1917 was at 42 Edgeware Road, Enmore.  (Enmore  Disc 6)  My informant had found Edith Fawcett with a different middle name.  My Edith was only 16 as at 1913 so I think will not show but I'm really curious about the other Edith Fawcett that was found.  The only other Edith Fawcett I know of around that time would have been her mother, a widow, PROBABLY at Liverpool (Terminus Street?) (District Camden Disc 3) and I've never been aware of a middle name.  If the Edith FAWCETT at 42 Edgeware Road is not Edith Flora Irene FAWCETT but some other Edith FAWCETT then I have been barking up the wrong tree for some time. 

If you were the person who did the lookup for me before, thank you and my apologies, I can't find the post with your information. 

Thank you.
Jennifer

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: 1913 E/Roll lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 12 07:19 BST (UK) »
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 12 07:30 BST (UK) »
Ummm...

At Line 945 of NSW 1913 for ENMORE, Enmore polling place it reads
" Fawcett Edith Constance F 42 Edgeware-road nurse"

Umm.... very confusing if your disc is different.  I am looking at a scanned image.....   I think I can search for the address too !

Back again shortly.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 April 12 07:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Neil, I'll have a look.  
J

Just had a look - I must have skimmed right over the top of it last time I looked for it. 

Any Edith FAWCETT information is useful - even if this is the wrong Edith!   

Thanks too JM.   Going out a bit later so won't be near the computer. 

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 April 12 07:42 BST (UK) »
update:

Ummm...

At Line 945 of NSW 1913 for ENMORE, Enmore polling place it reads
" Fawcett Edith Constance F 42 Edgeware-road nurse"

Umm.... very confusing if your disc is different.  I am looking at a scanned image.....   

back now !
Some others at same address  (could it be a hospital or similar)
Eliza Mary and John James Bourke;  May Carr, Margaret Craig, Mabel Senior, Annie Shoren

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 April 12 07:50 BST (UK) »
I think Enmore Nursing home at Edgeware Road. Umm Edith F I married at Redfern 1923. But you probably have that.

Neil

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 April 12 07:56 BST (UK) »
Could she have been living with her father Joseph in that period 1911 to 1917?

Seems they might have been estranged around 1909 ::)

Neil

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 April 12 08:08 BST (UK) »
Ohhhhhhhhh  I thought Joseph died in 1908 .... ummmm

JM

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 16 April 12 08:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks JM, The Edith at Edgeware Road fitted in so nicely to the story - but if it is Edith Constance not Edith Flora Irene then that jigsaw puzzle piece is not a good fit.  Yes, Joseph died 1908.  I had collected Sands directory entries at Edgeware Road from 1911 to 1920 for Edith and other nurses - she doesn't appear after that.  In 1920 she conceives a child and is some form of a companion/nurse to Miss Emily Grace Fairland at 5 Willee Street, Burwood.  She marries, as you say, in 1923 with a small child and another on the way, to A.H. Astill, the week before he enlists in the regular navy.   She and the children live there until Miss Fairland dies in 1928.  Edith inherits the property. The timing and geography works for a nurse who get pregnant to be a live-in companion to an elderly lady.  (But now the name doesn't fit!)  I'm not going to throw the scenario away but the story is not so tidy anymore.  There was a Joseph Fawcett who showed up in Edgeware Road in one of the directories - I'll have to dig that one out.  Edith had a much older step-brother named Joseph FAWCETT who married at Wiseman's Ferry in 1903 and who ends up being a baker at Manly.  I'm off to rehearsal now.  More information available if anyone wants to know.  Jennifer