Author Topic: Gallagher's Puntabeg, Kilbeagh, Mayo  (Read 10169 times)

Offline jpccpa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gallagher's Puntabeg, Kilbeagh, Mayo
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 June 13 03:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

It's very nice to meet you! I actually had chills when I read that you are from the "brothers, John & Mick, who went to England" My grandmother Margaret is your grandfather John's sister. There were 10 children in that generation. 5 boys, and 5 girls although Martin died as a child. The 5 girls came to America and settled in the Bronx New York. The eldest brother Jim also came to America but was hit and killed by a car. Patrick stayed at the house in Mayo.

My mom, Noreen would have been 72, she would be a 1st cousin to your mom.

I tried to send you a copy of the 1911 Mayo census which mentions your grandfather and my grandmother but the file was too big. I will try another way.

Please respond as I am fascinated by anything you can tell me about your side of the family, where you live etc.

Take care my cousin,

John

Offline barbbill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 June 13 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hello John - it certainly seems we are related - I have a copy of the 1911 census which says there had been 9 children born - I take it that Martin was the child who did not survive - this puts paid to an idea I had! I had been informed of a grave with Pat and Norah Gallagher but there is a Thomas P also in the grave - I thought maybe this was the child who had died but can't be as you say it was Martin.
Mum has a letter written from America to Michael's wife Margaret which could confirm a relationship between us however this is getting on to a different level if we are going to exchange personal family details and we are told not to give personal email addresses on the Forum so I am unsure as to how we can correspond personally - unless you know John otherwise I will look on the help pages for advise.

Regards

Barbara

Offline barbbill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 June 13 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi John - I have sent a Personal Message
Barbara

Offline jpccpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 June 13 16:16 BST (UK) »
Barbara,

I keep trying to reply to your private message, but it is not going through. Bear with me, i'll figure it out soon.

John

Offline barbbill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 June 13 18:37 BST (UK) »
Don't worry John - I have your email address now and will reply aftr popping to my sister's and then taking Bill (my hubby) to work
Barbara