Author Topic: Barneby - Abergavenny  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Janealogy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Barneby - Abergavenny
« on: Thursday 19 April 12 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a query. I'm looking for the wife of Lutley Barneby Esq, name Charlotte Beatrice nee Davies.
They married 24 Jul 1800 London, St Edmund The King and Martyr.

Lutley Barneby's born Oct 1764 Brockhampton, Herefordshire. The family is well documented all except him! Burkes History of the Commonors of Uk & Ireland.
I believe Charlotte B Davies Barneby may have been born in Cardigan?. (I have been chasing my tail looking for a Charlotte Beatrice Davies of Cardigan for some time c 1770)
National Library of Wales  and record offices have some references to Lutley.
Lease & Release property Havod Glandwr  in Moylgrove dated 1797
1801 Land Tax, name is mentioned in St Dogmaels.

Crime & Punishment

Accused
Lutley Barneby; Parish: Moylgrove; County: Pembroke; Status: Esq.
Offence
Assault on prosecutors in the execution of their duty.
Location and date
Parish: Moylgrove; County: Pembroke; Date: 1 February 1801
Prosecutor
Henry Saunders & Caleb Lewis, bailiffs
Verdict
No true bill.
File number
4/828/1

There are other records of property in Machen
London Gazette, also has Lutley and his brother John in a dispute with another.

Lutley Barneby left a will proved London at the PRO Will of Lutley Barneby of Llandingad , Carmarthenshire written in 1822
Date    08 June 1838 - left freehold land and tenements ( none named) premises Llwyngwyn, Monmouthshire etc to wife Charlotte Beatrice Barneby
Death notice mentions died at his residence nr Abergavenny.
Cambrian death notice for Charlotte Beatrcie Barneby -    10 August 1844    CHARLOTTE BEATRICE,WIDOW OF LUTLEY BARNEBY OF LLWYNGWYN,MONMOUTHSHIRE,AT ABERGAVENNY

1841 census Abergavenny
Lion Street
Beatrice Barnaby 70 IND No
Wm Lewis 25 Maltser No
Ann William - Yes
Ann Davies 25 FS Yes

I have not found a will or admin for Charlotte. I have no idea where either of them may be buried. I have not found any children born to this couple. I'm not to sure of Charlottes age. marriage states of Full age, both previoulsy unmarried. I've looked for any details on the Parish records at Find my past to no avail. My last resort would be to post on the forum in Hereford, Cardigan, Pembroke and Carmarthenshire.
I thought Lutley Barneby Esq was going to be a breeze!
Many Thanks
Jane
Pembrokeshire St.Dogmaels names "Davies", "Jones" William (s)  and Rees, these families moved to Cardiff, Glamorgan.
Yorkshire, surname "Burniston"
Devon, Somerset and Cardiff Glamorgan surname "Wide"