Author Topic: 1911 census look up please  (Read 1109 times)

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1911 census look up please
« on: Friday 20 April 12 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm trying to find out who was living at Bowden House, Chapel Street, Abergele since 1901 (I have this census & all the previous ones), so would be very grateful if someone could look this up for me. In 1901 it was a Robert Jones & his family, and at some point in the future it was Thomas Davies & family, but I don't know when they came.

I would also like to know the occupants of the houses on either side - all (about 5 or 6) from the George & Dragon pub, to the two houses beyond Bowden House, particularly any or all of : "Bron Myfyr" "Drug Stores" "Dim Coed" "Gele House"

Thanks in advance  :)

Cheers,
Chris
Hindley family (Chesh/NWales), Hope family (Chesh), Sheppard family (London), Carlisle family (London), Welch family (London/Notts).
Abergele town/area esp Chapel St/Post Office Lane 1800-1900

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 April 12 01:08 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 April 12 04:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

Go to   http://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/

You can look up 1911 through this site without being a member or join and buy credits.   

Having credits lets you get to more detailed info but you may find what you want in a first up search.

Essnell

I just ran the search - do you have any other info on Thomas Davies such as age or birth place  - there are 4 pages of results. too wide a search I need to narrow that down.

Essnell

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 April 12 14:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry - didn't know abou the 1911 not allowed  :-[

Thanks for the tip about GenesReunited - I am a member, so will have a go on there. I'm afraid I know very little about Thomas Davies, other than he had a wife (no name) and a son, David, who was married to Daisy Helen Thurston Davies and they had a daughter Margaret Lucy. He died in around 1955
Hindley family (Chesh/NWales), Hope family (Chesh), Sheppard family (London), Carlisle family (London), Welch family (London/Notts).
Abergele town/area esp Chapel St/Post Office Lane 1800-1900