Author Topic: Dwyer/Fitzgerald - Tipperary, Ireland  (Read 2796 times)

Offline theroob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dwyer/Fitzgerald - Tipperary, Ireland
« on: Friday 20 April 12 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to trace the Dwyer's and/or Fitzgerald's from the Tipperary area in Ireland.  Patrick Dwyer (B. 17 Mar 1864) came to Australia, but we're not sure whether he emigrated or was a convict. 

Patrick's parents were James Dwyer and Mary-Ann Fitzgerald (most probably quite common names!).

My father inlaw tells me that they were either from the Clare or Cork Counties.

thanks
Christine.
James DWYER & Mary Ann FITZGERALD (Tipperary, Ireland)
Johann Heinrich Christian DANKEL (Bodenburg, Hannover, Germany)
Wilhelmine Henriette Dorothea Magthalena WALLMANN (Peine, Hannover, Germany)
Margaret Louise CLEAVES (Deniliquin, NSW)
Sarah Ann NICHOLS (Young, NSW)
Thomas WHITEMAN (England ?)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Dwyer/Fitzgerald - Tipperary, Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 April 13 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hello...

Not sure if you still use the site, but I believe that I have found the marriage of James Dwyer & Mary Anne Fitzgerald. The index on www.rootsireland.ie gives James Dwyer m. Mary Fitzgerald 1854 Kilcommon (Roman Catholic) in North Tipperary http://tipperarynorth.rootsireland.ie/.

Also children born to James Dwyer & Mary Fitzgerald: Bridget 1855 Newport (Roman Catholic), Patrick 1856 Newport (Roman Catholic), William 1860 Newport (Roman Catholic), Daniel 1861 Newport (Roman Catholic), Margaret 1864 Newport (Roman Catholic) and Elizabeth 1867 Newport (Roman Catholic).

How sure are you that Patrick was born in 1864?

Hope this helps,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut