Author Topic: Weedon Wheaton Contacts in Norfolk  (Read 630 times)

Offline kwheaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Weedon Wheaton Contacts in Norfolk
« on: Friday 20 April 12 15:19 BST (UK) »
I am searching for current contact information on any Weedon, Wheadon, Weeton or Wheaton  living in Norfolk. The Weedons seem to have been living in the area south of Norwich in the 1500-1600's and I am hoping to locate a descendant of this family. If you know someone or have a listing from a phone or business directory I would greatly appreciate your messaging me with this information. I am not sure whether they bear any relationship to Whatton or Whitton families. Any help appreciated.

I live in the united States and have been searching for the connection between the Robert Wheaton who immigrated here in 1636 and his kin in England for nearly 40 years. We originally thought his roots were in Devon but DNA testing has proved otherwise. It looks more likely that his roots were in Lancashire, possibly York or Norfolk.

The changes in spelling make the searching tricky and record keeping was not as good back then. However a very unique Y-DNA signature makes relationship easy to confirm if we find the right family. For the right candidate the test will be free.

Thanks in advance. This is one solvable mystery but it is going to take some serendipity.
Kelly
Wheaton, Weeden, Wheadon, Weeton, Weaton, Wheeton, Wetton, Weadon, etc. worldwide.