Author Topic: Beighton Sheffield  (Read 3324 times)

Offline benjidog1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beighton Sheffield
« on: Monday 23 April 12 18:45 BST (UK) »
Please could anyone tell me how to discover who lived at 34 Manvers road Beighton in 1916. The registration district was Chesterfield.
My Aunt was born here . Her mother came to this address  from Buxton to give birth to her. She must have stayed here for just a short while, before returning to her job at the Grove Hotel Buxton. Their name was Wood.
Any help would be very much appreciated as I have no idea how to go about this.
Regards
Lynn

Offline Tuppie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Arnold Ridge Lee
    • View Profile
Re: Beighton Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 April 12 20:28 BST (UK) »
Beighton was in Derbyshire until 1967 when the boundary changes took place.
The 1916 electoral register for Beighton is available at the Derbyshire Record Office at Matlock, you could try contacting them although there will be a charge for this service.

Tuppie
LEE, ROSE, Mosborough/Eckington<br />TREWEEK, HARDWICK.Cornwall/Derbyshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
www.sheffieldindexers.com

Offline benjidog1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beighton Sheffield
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 April 12 22:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help, I should have said I tried this in 2004. The answer they gave me was ' Staff searched the electoral registers for the occupants of 34 Manvers Road Beighton for the years 1912-1915 and1918-1919. No electoral registers were compiled for the war years of 1916 and 1917. Results were as follows
1912               John Wragg
1913-1915      No entries for 34 Manvers Road
1918-1919      Henry Edward Nock and Elizabeth Nock '

Thanks again for trying, it is very much appreciated. I really don't know where to go from here.

Kind Regards

Lynn