Author Topic: GALVIN  (Read 2606 times)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GALVIN
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 February 19 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I am just checking up on one detail from it. I always thought that Daniel Galvin was the son of John Gallivan and Catherine( Kate) Sweeny who were married circa 1839 and who had ( I think) 6 sons. Not sure about any daughters. Does that ring any bells for you?

Thanks and regards.
Hello & thank you for your interest. Are you connected to the Gallivan family.  I have since my initial post sourced a lot of information on my family but a stumbling block has been Daniels parents I know from his marriage in 1872 that his father was John. On checking the Church records I had a few choices for Birth parents so my dilemma is who do I choose?  So many Galvins in the area of Ballyvelone where my family were based. Do you know for certain that John & Kate Sweeny were my daniels parents.  I would also be interested to know of his siblings.  Best regards Frances

Offline AxenP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 February 19 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not absolutely certain but the evidence seems to point that way. Its mainly based on letters and notes kept by my father. As far as I know  Daniel had at least 5 brothers John( 1840) Sam(1845) Edward(1847) Patrick ( date unknown) and Michael( 1851). Daniel himself was born in 1843. I think I'm on the right track with it.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 February 19 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Interesting is your father a galvin as you mentioned " not es" he kept

Offline AxenP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 February 19 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Yes he was.  Michael (above) was his grandfather. 

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 February 19 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes he was.  Michael (above) was his grandfather. 
Now that you have the required number of posts we can correspond by private message system. I will send you a message & if you go to messages on top of page you will be able to see it :)