Author Topic: James FAHEY and Elizabeth GRAHAM  (Read 16099 times)

Offline Gigi4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James FAHEY and Elizabeth GRAHAM
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 28 April 12 05:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for this mass of information.  Sorry I did not give more details of the marriage record.  Here it is:
Date 27 September 1881 at Elaine, Victoria, George Cornelius Beilby, 23 (Batchelor, Farmer) born Geelong, present address Mandurang, usual address Mandurang and Mary Fahey, 20 (Spinster, Servant) born Lancashire, England present address Elaine, usual address Minyip. Parents (Names and Mother's Maiden name) James Beilby, Farmer and Elizabeth Baker, John Fahey, Farmer and Margaret Cunry.

by licence and according to the rights of the Catholic Church

I will go back through my records to find the source for James Fahey and Elizabeth Graham which is most clearly incorrect.  Gigi4

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 28 April 12 05:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would be having a look at the link that Cando posted about the death of John Fahey at Sheep Hill reg 7078 in 1906, it really looks like it could be your guy and his death certificate may give more info.

mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline David P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 04:01 BST (UK) »

Well if it is now John FAHEY we are searching

Perhaps her father or a relative..
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0llm/

FAHEY Jno
Father Fahey Jno  Mother Bridget HOGAN
At Sheep Hills 85 years  1906  Reg#7078

Make sure you have a look at this link because it mentions that his daughter is a Mrs D Jenkins, yes the D is wrong but so are a lot of other things. If she remarried or partnered a Jenkins this most likely is Mary's father.

mum mum]
Hi TO All,
I have just discovered this info about my Great Grandmother Mary Fahy many thanks to you guys.
Mary Fahy married David Jenkins (not sure when) after the death of my GGFather George Cornelius Beilby in 1899.

My name is David  from Melbourne, Great Gson of George Cornelius Beilby 1858-1899.

George C died in 1899 just after my Grandfather Allan Ernest Beilby was born in 1898.

I found that Mary remarried a David Jenkins circa 1902, I looked up Allan Ernest & Harry his older brothers enlistment papers for WW1 and found that Allan had David Jenkins listed as stepfather next of kin and Harry  who won the Military Medal ranked as a Lieutenant in France, had Mary Jenkins as mother but cannot find any records for her or David Jenkins at this stage.

Offline David P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 11:46 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of James Beilby b.1830, Yorkshire.  He married Elizabeth Baker 1827. James and Elizabeth sailed to Australia on the Caroline Agnes 1849.  I am interested in finding information on the ancestors of James and Elizabeth.
Gigi4

So is the above correct as James BEILBY and Elizabeth BAKER are the parents of George Cornelius who was born 1858 and married Mary FAHEY dau of John FAHEY and Margaret C*?

Yes this is correct,James was my GGGrandfather, the family from NSW is INCORRECT

I am confused  now ;D

Info about your great grandmother Mary would help us ;D  Marriage, death.....

Cando

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 12:17 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of James Beilby b.1830, Yorkshire.  He married Elizabeth Baker 1827. James and Elizabeth sailed to Australia on the Caroline Agnes 1849.  I am interested in finding information on the ancestors of James and Elizabeth.
Gigi4

So is the above correct as James BEILBY and Elizabeth BAKER are the parents of George Cornelius who was born 1858 and married Mary FAHEY dau of John FAHEY and Margaret C*?

I am confused  now ;D

Cando

David would you please post your comment/s below the quoted posts.  I did not add any red font to my original post and you have added information that is not in my original post.

This request is over 12 months old and the OP has not been logged in since Feb this year.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline David P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 12:29 BST (UK) »
Gigi4

I am confused  now ;D

Cando

David would you please post your comment/s below the quoted posts.  I did not add any red font to my original post and you have added information that is not in my original post.

This request is over 12 months old and the OP has not been logged in since Feb this year.

Cando
OK Sorry CANDO,first time i tried to post but i will get the hang of it.

The info about James Beilby & Elizabeth Baker above is CORRECT and the info about James Fahey & Elizabeth Graham is INCORRECT.

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]
James Beilby mentioned was my GGGrandfather.[/color][/b]

Offline bbear1998

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 30 August 14 14:19 BST (UK) »
my name is Graeme pratt my ggparents were George Cornelius beilby and mary fahey/beilby/Jenkins I have her born in 1858 in Victoria marriage in 1881 and died about 1925.

Offline David P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 13:22 BST (UK) »
bbear1998, you may be correct or you may not be, do you have any docos to certify the date?
I cannot find anything to positively say one way or the other about her death date, my info came from family info but that may also be possibly incorrect.
I did look up her name in the cemeteries index at Fawkner and although i didn't find the exact name there was a similar name in a nearby plot but haven't investigated it further as yet?

Offline David P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 30 September 15 00:50 BST (UK) »
I have since looked into the passing of my Gr Grandmother Mary Margaret Fahey / Jenkins and found that she died in Richmond Vic. 28th March 1918 as per The Age newspaper memorium 28/3/1919.

She is in fact buried at Fawkner Cemetery Vic. under the name of Mary Jenkins in the Roman Catholic section.

Have not been able to find a marriage cert. for her & David Jenkins as yet.