Author Topic: James FAHEY and Elizabeth GRAHAM  (Read 16093 times)

Offline David P

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James FAHEY and Elizabeth GRAHAM
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi To All, I have just come across this thread and can help with info.

Mary Margaret Fahey was born in Lancashire in 1862 came to Australia aboard the "Napier" in 1865 ex Liverpool with her parents John Fahey & Margaret Cunry with siblings Michael 1854 & John 1856.

Mary Margaret Fahey is my GGrandmother she married George Cornelius Beilby GGF in Elaine (near Geelong) Victoria Australia and one of their children was my Grand Father, Allan Ernest Beilby 1898.
George C died in 1899 and is buried in the Sheep Hills cemetery, Mary then married a David Jenkins & is buried in Fawkner Cemetery Victoria Australia under the name of Jenkins.

Offline FahyCorcoranLeahy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 09 February 19 02:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi ! I believe the boarders with the John Fahy Family in Accrington Lancashire in 1861 census , Edward Fahy ( relative ) and Catherine Corcoran are my great grandparents married in Blackburn Lancashire in 1862. I do not know if John Fahy was Edward’s brother or cousin. Edward and Catherine Fahy stayed in Lancashire and had my great aunt Catherine in 1862 or 3. They did not emigrate to Australia. They stayed in England a few years. With the cotton crisis in England, Edward went to USA in 1864 and started working in the cotton mills of Central Falls Rhode Island. He sent for Catherine and his daughter in 1874. In 1875 my Grandpa , John Lee Fahy was born in 1875. I hope this is correct and we are related !

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 09 February 19 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi To All, I have just come across this thread and can help with info.

Mary Margaret Fahey was born in Lancashire in 1862 came to Australia aboard the "Napier" in 1865 ex Liverpool with her parents John Fahey & Margaret Cunry with siblings Michael 1854 & John 1856.

Mary Margaret Fahey is my GGrandmother she married George Cornelius Beilby GGF in Elaine (near Geelong) Victoria Australia and one of their children was my Grand Father, Allan Ernest Beilby 1898.
George C died in 1899 and is buried in the Sheep Hills cemetery, Mary then married a David Jenkins & is buried in Fawkner Cemetery Victoria Australia under the name of Jenkins.

David you posted on this thread four years ago :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 09 February 19 05:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi ! I believe the boarders with the John Fahy Family in Accrington Lancashire in 1861 census , Edward Fahy ( relative ) and Catherine Corcoran are my great grandparents married in Blackburn Lancashire in 1862. I do not know if John Fahy was Edward’s brother or cousin. Edward and Catherine Fahy stayed in Lancashire and had my great aunt Catherine in 1862 or 3. They did not emigrate to Australia. They stayed in England a few years. With the cotton crisis in England, Edward went to USA in 1864 and started working in the cotton mills of Central Falls Rhode Island. He sent for Catherine and his daughter in 1874. In 1875 my Grandpa , John Lee Fahy was born in 1875. I hope this is correct and we are related !

Have you the 1862 marriage certificate for Edward and Catherine?  It would give you the names of the bride's and groom's fathers.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Marriages Mar 1862 
CORKERHAM Catherine        Blackburn    8e/428    
CORKERHAN Catherine         Blackburn    8e/428    
FAHY Edward         Blackburn    8e/428

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 09 February 19 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, CANDO !! I ordered a copy of thier certificate from GRO. I will let you know in several weeks when I receive it .

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 00:16 BST (UK) »
Cando, Thank You . I finally received My Irish born great grandparents’ marriage certificate from GRO. Edward Fahy and Catherine Corkerhan ( Corcoran ) were Married March 5, 1962 in Lancashire England at St. Oswald’s Church, Blackburn. He was 22 and she was 20. Best of all, thanks to you, I know the names of my great great grandpas. Edward Fahy and William Corkerhan or Corcoran. Edward was listed as a boarding relative with John Fahey and Margaret Cunry Fahey. They were not brothers but maybe cousins.  ( John’s father was John, not Edward).I still do not know where in Ireland Catherine and Edward were born but sifting through Griffith’s Valuations. I guess the Mary Fahey Bielby descendants in Australia are cousins of mine. Edward and Catherine went to USA instead during the Cotton Crisis in England. Thank you so much for your help !