Author Topic: James FAHEY and Elizabeth GRAHAM  (Read 16095 times)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
Re: James Fahey and Elizabeth Graham
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 April 12 01:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
There is an online tree which gives parents for them but it is a little confusing, there seems to be conflicting information about where people were born and arrival dates ???. It certainly would be better to go straight to the source, the marriage certificate, then you should be able to narrow down the births for them.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James FAHEY and Elizabeth GRAHAM
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 April 12 03:48 BST (UK) »
Mary Fahey was born in 1858 (possibly Australia) and married George Cornelius Beilby in 1881 in Australia.  I have no information on Mary's her parents other than their names.   

She was born Lancashire, England according to the marriage index.

As you have the parents' names could you please post them and we could possibly find them on a census.

Application for License approved 1888 Mary S BLEIBY
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0ll8/

Mention of the death of Mr George BLEIBY 40 years 1899 son of John BLEIBY of  Chalambra
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0ll9/

Mention of George’s widow…1899.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0ll6/

Government Gazette – Mary BEILBY – Application for License Approved– 1903
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0ll7/

Australian Electoral Roll
1903  Wimmera/Sheep Hills
BEILBY Mary  Sheep Hills  Home duties

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 April 12 04:49 BST (UK) »
The parents' names are in the title Cando  ;D

cheers,
   Ros

Adding : sorry Cando my mistake (of course)  :)
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 April 12 06:10 BST (UK) »
The parents' names are in the title Cando ;D

cheers,
 Ros

Hi Ros

I think the problem is that there is conflicting information, trees on Ancestry with those parents all have Mary as born in Australia whereas according to the marriage index supplied by ~MERLIN~ Mary was born in Lancashire. Gigi4 hasn't indicated the source of the parents names but if its the Ancestry trees then the marriage certificate would be helpful in that it would confirm parents names.

Andy

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 April 12 06:28 BST (UK) »

I think the problem is that there is conflicting information, trees on Ancestry with those parents all have Mary as born in Australia whereas according to the marriage index supplied by ~MERLIN~ Mary was born in Lancashire. Gigi4 hasn't indicated the source of the parents names but if its the Ancestry trees then the marriage certificate would be helpful in that it would confirm parents names.

The Ancestry trees also give Mary's place of birth, and her father's as NSW, also her parent's marriage. There are births in NSW for James and Eliza/Elizabeth Fahey, including Mary born 1858, this still may not be the same family. There is a James Fahey who dies in NSW in 1885, but whether it is they same man is unsure, his wife Eliza died in 1892 NSW.

Get the marriage certificate. :)
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 April 12 06:31 BST (UK) »
Mary BEILBY (FAHEY) appears to have remarried or partnered a Mr D JENKINS before WWI.

If you read two of the son's WWI files who were born to George & Mary you will see her name as Mary JENKINS living in Richmond VIC 1815 & step-father D JENKINS living in SA 1918.

http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au/showPerson?pid=18709

http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au/showPerson?pid=18706

I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment so I can't go any further, but perhaps one of the other RCer's will help until I can return  :)

Offline Gigi4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 April 12 07:03 BST (UK) »
The marriage certificate for Mary Fahey and George Cornelius Beilby states Mary's parents as being JOHN FAHEY and MARGARET COMRAY (could be Comroy, Camray, it's difficult to read).  It confirms that Mary was born in Lancashire England and that James Fahey and Elizabeth Graham were NOT HER PARENTS.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 27 April 12 07:13 BST (UK) »
Could you please give any other information about Mary your great grandmother...who did she marry and when did she die?

Cheers
Cando

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 27 April 12 07:18 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the family history of this family.  Their daughter Mary Fahey was my great grandmother.
  Gigi4

Mary Fahey was born in 1858 (possibly Australia) and married George Cornelius Beilby in 1881 in Australia.  I have no information on Mary's her parents other than their names.
Gigi4

So the above is NOT correct.

6206/1858    
FAHEY Mary
Father James Mother Eliza A
District Campbelltown

Cando