Author Topic: Darragh - Coleraine  (Read 15966 times)

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Darragh - Coleraine
« on: Friday 27 April 12 02:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for more information regarding Mary Margret Darragh born 1909 in Coleraine, I have her in the 1911 census in Derry and would be grateful if anyone can tell me if she married or point me in the right direction to find out myself.
Many thanks
C. Antrim/Ireland - McKillen, Kane, O'Kane, O'Neil, Coyle, Mallin, Donnelly, McMullen,
Scotland - Barnes, McKillen, Kean, Ross, Steel
England - Beards, Edwards, Clarke, Chinn, Chatham, McKillen, Bruton, Insull, Morgan, Tipple, Jarvis, Burgess, Hall, Walker, Swain, Morris, Kean, Kingett, Davies, Ryder.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Darragh - Coleraine
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 April 12 09:47 BST (UK) »
Where was she in 1911?

Unfortunately online records are unlikely to be recent enough to find more details about her. Online civil registration index only goes up to 1921 for Northern Ireland counties so unless she married very young you won't find the marriage listed.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 April 12 15:07 BST (UK) »
I think that she was in Londonderry, I have the census saved to my computer but for some reason it does not have the address in the same way that my english ones do. She is with her mother and father. I did ask this question in 2009 ( http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,427221.0.html) and someone came up with 2 marriages one in 1926 and one in 1934 (see below) but I do not know where they got this information from. I would also like to know if she had any siblings born after the census and if she is one of the below, then how would I find out if she had any children?
If you can advise me where would be best to look I would be grateful.
Many thanks

Marriage 16 Jun 1926 Kilrea Roman Catholic Church
Daniel MCALLISTER & Margaret DARRAGH

Marriage 13 Feb 1934 Kilrea Roman Catholic Church
Frank MCKENNA & Mary DARRAGH
C. Antrim/Ireland - McKillen, Kane, O'Kane, O'Neil, Coyle, Mallin, Donnelly, McMullen,
England - Beards, Edwards, Clarke, Chinn, Chatham, McKillen, Bruton, Insull, Morgan, Tipple, Jarvis, Burgess, Hall, Walker, Swain, Morris, Kean, Kingett, Davies, Ryder.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 April 12 15:59 BST (UK) »
I searched the 1911 census yesterday for a female Darragh age c2 years in Co. Londonderry and came up with several but they didn't match what you originally posted "Mary Margret Darragh." What were her parents' names?

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 April 12 02:42 BST (UK) »
Ellen (36) and Jospeh (40) Darragh, sorry I do not know where I got the census return from.

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 April 12 03:24 BST (UK) »
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Bellaghy/Oldtown__Downing_/607816/

states address as: "Residents of a house 10 in Oldtown (Downing) (Bellaghy, Londonderry)"

Offline MissBea

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 April 12 03:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
It looks like Ellen may have married again in 1919:-

Moderator Note: cut & paste details removed in accordance with Ancestry terms & conditions and Rootschat policy

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 28 April 12 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   That Ellen Darragh married Henry Scullion in St. Marys R.C. Church Rasharkin, Ballymoney on 19 Jun 1919. Her father's name was PATRICK.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 28 April 12 08:51 BST (UK) »
Your original post said the child was called "Mary Margret" but in 1911 she's "Margret Mary" which is why I couldn't locate her.

Possibly Joseph in 1901- in which case his age is not consistent:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Castledawson/Leitrim/1542074

As I mentioned earlier, online civil registration index only goes up to 1921 for Northern Ireland counties so unless she married very young you won't find a marriage listed and other records are unlikely to be recent enough to find more details about her.