Author Topic: Robinson/Reid  (Read 3144 times)

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robinson/Reid
« on: Thursday 11 March 10 00:12 GMT (UK) »
In 1852 Joseph ROBINSON (farmer) and his wife Ann REID/ROBINSON were living in Drumherriff North.   In that year they had a daughter Elizabeth who was baptised 1854 at the Broomfield Parish which is apparently near Castleblayney. 

Is there anyone out there connected to or has knowledge of Joseph, Ann, Elizabeth and any siblings of Elizabeth, please.

I have no knowledge of how the Irish county or land system works, but Joseph and Ann are found in Donnaghmoyne (is this what is referred to as a "Townland") - Griffiths.
 Thanks and regards - Dinny.

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ROBINSON/REID DONAGHMOYNE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 00:14 BST (UK) »
ROBINSON / REID

I am looking for a connection to a Joseph Robinson (farmer) m. Ann Reid.  In 1852 they lived in Drumharriff North, Co Monaghan (near Castleblayney?) - Griffiths has Joseph thus:    Joseph Robinson - Drumharriff North - Donaghmoyne - Monaghan.

There is another Joseph Robinson - Corrateean - Donaghmoyne - Monaghan listed directly above the Drumharriff Joseph.  Is the Corrateean man the same as the Drumharriff North man?  Or is he related? 

Joseph of Drumharriff did have a son, named Joseph and a daughter, Elizabeth (b. 1852).  Does anyone know what happened to Joseph junior after the 1911 census, please?  Could he have left Ireland for Australia or New Zealand?

I am not aware of any other children.  Thanks.  Dinny.