Author Topic: 1901 Botteslow Farm and cottage  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Wellington66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Botteslow Farm and cottage
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 16:49 BST (UK) »
I tried it.  Just typed old maps online.  Did a search Bucknall Staffordshire.  Great map 1949 - 1953 shows Botteslow Farm. Travel east on the map and it shows Ash Hall.  My grandparents moved to a house just above there in the 1960's. after living in Bottleslow Street.  :) https://maps.nls.uk/view/91576760  Don't know if this link will work, never tried before, so hope I'm not doing something I shouldn't re. copyright. Guess someone will tell me!  Welly
CLARKE  Wm Lowestoft Sfk/Gt.Yarmouth Nfk
GOODING Ann Barnby/Beccles Sfk

Offline John Sheldon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 19:52 BST (UK) »
www.oldmapsonline.org is the site which is free and there is no breach of copywrite.
When the page opens, a map of a wider area of Stoke-on-Trent appears which you can manipulate to move to the area which includes Fenton & Eaton Park. Then, on the right hand side of the screen, a number of Ordnance Survey maps appear made over different years. I chose the 1898 one which is the nearest to your 1901 Census date, but you can look at all of them without logging out. Best of luck.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 11:48 BST (UK) »
The link to the Old Maps is amazing- thank you so so much!
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 15:13 BST (UK) »
www.oldmapsonline.org is the site which is free and there is no breach of copywrite.
When the page opens, a map of a wider area of Stoke-on-Trent appears which you can manipulate to move to the area which includes Fenton & Eaton Park. Then, on the right hand side of the screen, a number of Ordnance Survey maps appear made over different years. I chose the 1898 one which is the nearest to your 1901 Census date, but you can look at all of them without logging out. Best of luck.

Ok,I'm thick!  I'm only getting old maps of England and Wales on the right hand side..No OS maps ?
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />