Author Topic: Buckingham Street, Patrick Ryan  (Read 5356 times)

Offline adrienne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Buckingham Street, Patrick Ryan
« on: Monday 30 April 12 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm looking for descendants of Patrick Ryan of Buckingham/Lower Buckingham St Dublin in 1918/1921  I think he had two daughters,
Nellie and Louise would be about 100yrs now but they may have had children.  Patrick Ryan was a carter and was alive and still living in Dublin in 1938.  I don't know when he died.

I would be grateful for any information at all on this.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Buckingham Street, Patrick Ryan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 April 12 22:25 BST (UK) »
Details of living people are not permitted on RootsChat, but if you post some more information about Patrick and his wife we may be able to help you search further back in time.

Do you have any idea what year Patrick was born and who he married ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline adrienne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 April 12 23:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.  I can only guess his birth date to be between 1875 and 1895.  I don't know who he married or even if he married but I have seen a carter living in Buckingham St in the 1911 census.  married to Mary Ann, both 35 and married 16 years.  They have no daughters named Nellie and Louise though.

Adrienne

Offline adrienne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Pat Ryan Buckingham Street
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 08:45 BST (UK) »
Can anyone give me information on Pat Ryan of Buckingham Street Dublin?  He was living there in 1918/1921  he probably worked as a carter.  He was still alive in 1938 but I don't know when he was born.
He may have had younger relatives named Nellie and Louise.

I would be very grateful for anything on them.

Adrienne

post merged with existing thread

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 18:52 BST (UK) »
Are you a direct descendent of Patrick, or is there a connection through a brother or sister ?

It might be better to start with some more definite details, and then use that information to work out the connections to Patrick and his family.

S.

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline adrienne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Shanew 147

No I'm not a descendant and I think I've posted all the info I have.  There is a family in the 1911 census living at 14.4 Buckingham Street Lower.
These are the only Ryans living in Buckingham Street I've been able to find.  My late mother is the connection with the family so it's not possible to obtain more details.  It's a long shot but I hoped it might mean something to someone who could help shine some light on it.

Thank you
Adrienne

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 19:42 BST (UK) »
I had a look at Thom's 1921 and there are only two Ryan listings mentioned on Lwr Buckingham St - a Mrs. Ryan at 26 , and a P.J. Ryan horse dealer at numbers 39 and 40 ... could this P.J. be him ?

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline adrienne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 19:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shanew 147

My mother said she used to feed the horse/horses so it could be him.
How can I find out more about him?

Adrienne

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 20:03 BST (UK) »
I've had a quick look for later directory listings to try to work out a bit more about the address and this P.J. - he is listed up to at least 1930, but is not at that address in 1938, or on the 1939 city voters register at that location either. That could have given his wife's name, and possibly the names of any adult children.

I'll look for earlier listings to see if there's any connection to that Ryan household you found on the 1911 return..

Shane
My Surname Interests