Author Topic: Nassy ? Howe, baptism please.  (Read 4420 times)

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nassy ? Howe, baptism please.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 May 12 10:08 BST (UK) »
As far as I know, this family used All Saints - if that is the main church on the edge of the town? My 2 x great grandparents, parents of Arthur Frederick Howe, are certainly buried there.

But it would certainly be worth checking alternatives.

Jen :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline kmart66

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 May 12 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

A lot of my family were buried there, however they were New church, and a member of that church would have officiated at the burial (not sure when they started doing this). All Saints has the only graveyard, however there was a small graveyard for the Wesleyan church in Chapel Road but the stones have now gone from there.

Kevin

Just looked up the burial for Benjamin and it was presided over by the vicar Arthur Pertwee, the same as my gtgt grandfather in 1875 who I know was New Church, so that was no help really.
Brightlingsea families
Martin, Day, Frostick, Salmon

faber est quisque fortunae suae

Offline Chiefengineer

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 March 21 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jen,

I have been helping a good friend search for his Grandparents, Jack Howe being their father, Nassy's brother. We both believe that the birth parish register for Brightlingsea has been transcribed incorrectly as Harry Frederick Howe (birth1892). The other brother is not registered in Brightlingsea, Fred's birth being registered in Lewes, where the 1901c has the family living.

Clara or Catherine Howe shows up in the 1911c (as wife) in Brightlingsea with one of her sisters (death), but I can not find Arthur (husband) Nassy, Winifred or Fred. The only luck I did have was finding Nassy's Merchant seaman's card.

Winifred was the traveller, Canada.

Regards
Peter