Author Topic: Chappell / Perry families of Stogumber  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Pax158

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chappell / Perry families of Stogumber
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 August 15 09:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Ianc 1963
Thank you for your quick reply. It's very good to hear from you. My sister and I have done quite a bit of work here and there on the family tree.
We are Mabel's granddaughters. The family stayed living at 61 Vicarage Rd until 1980! Mabel passed away in 1987 at the age of 99.
I need to make 3 posts before I can send a private reply. I'm sure there is much we could share.

Offline YvonneS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 09 October 15 04:02 BST (UK) »

Btw, I'm Ian Chappell. My dad, Clifford Chappell is the son of John Chappell (born 1875) who is Charles brother. No idea what that makes us!! It seems there was a long line of John's in the paternal line.

I've got a fair bit on the family. It was 12 children, one died at birth. I understand Charles had a twin sister Lydea.

It was the youngest, Ernest, who wrote the memoirs. My mother typed them up in the 70's. Ernest was the only one I met. My dad's sister Eileen, who only passed away a few years ago, gave me loads of info on all the brothers and sisters, ie her aunts and uncles, she had an incredible retention of names, dates and places. Fortunately I spent an afternoon with her writing it all down.

Hello lanc1963,

I am interested in the BENNETT family of Bristol, and wondered if the Eileen you mention above is the daughter of John CHAPPELL and Edith Annie BENNETT? If so, I would love to see how we can share information.

I have a copy of the death certificate of Ethel BENNETT 1979, whose informant was Clifford N CHAPPELL, who could be the father you mention above.

Fingers crossed  :)

Offline Pax158

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Ianc1963
Hello Ian
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. I find the site quite confusing and I have been very busy.
I hope you see this. I'd love to share more info with you about the Chappell family. I know they all lived in Newtown near Trinity church and Lawrence Hill when they first moved to Bristol. I think Charles Chappell and his wife were the last ones to make the move.
Hope to hear from you.

Offline YvonneS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 13 May 16 06:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Pax158,

I sent you a private message with my personal email address - have you received it?

Yvonne