Author Topic: Sophia Ann Cathie  (Read 711 times)

Offline Alwina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sophia Ann Cathie
« on: Tuesday 08 May 12 13:23 BST (UK) »
I am having trouble finding a birth for Sophia Ann Cathie.
 According to her marriage in 1845 in Southwark to John Cousins she was born in Wigtown. Cumberland about 1827. on the certificate her father is given as John Cathie a Licensed victualler from Bermondsey. On all subsequent census she is given as born in Wigtown. She is not living with the Cathie family in 1841 and I cannot find her any where. Any ideas or help gratfully accepted
Kemp. Bloom. Reynolds. Saul. Norfolk
Cathie Durham.Ireland.London
Walker. London
Cutts. Rawlinson. Suffolk
Langmead. London Dorset. Cornwall

census information Crown Copyright.
from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia Ann Cathie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Alwina

I think the place she was born was Wigtown in Scotland.  Wigton is in Cumberland and
they are often mistaken for each other.  I have seen on the census a few time Wigtown
Cumberland when it should have been Scotland. They are on the same side of the
the Country as each other on the West and not that far away.
I have looked on alot of my Wigton, Cumberland information but cannot find Sophie
there.  You may have to go on Scotlands People to find her. Its a strange name
for that area.  I did only find two families in the  Wigton area and they were called James
Cathey not Cathie. Wigton is where one of my families came from so interested in
that area.

regards Sandymc   
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown

Offline Alwina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia Ann Cathie
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 16:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandymc. This is a very difficult family her Grandfather was married in Durham(he was in the Durham Militia) her father in Ireland. But one of her brothers who ran Simpsons restaurant in London. was described despite being born in Lambeth as a Scottish Gent. I will now try Scotland.
Kemp. Bloom. Reynolds. Saul. Norfolk
Cathie Durham.Ireland.London
Walker. London
Cutts. Rawlinson. Suffolk
Langmead. London Dorset. Cornwall

census information Crown Copyright.
from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk