Author Topic: Inter Library Loan  (Read 958 times)

Offline Razzy

• RootsChat Member
  • ...and so, will someone when I am dead and gone wr
    • View Profile
Inter Library Loan
« on: Wednesday 09 May 12 00:53 BST (UK) »
I just recieved this in my email. I think best I share this news report. I hope this is the right forum as it pertains to Canada. :(

The Federal Budget, released in late March 2012, included a number of cuts to Library and Archives Canada (LAC).  Library associations and other stakeholders across Canada have been seeking more information since the budget's release. The Canadian Library Association (CLA) posted the following message to their website on May 7, 2012:

------
In our recent press release on the impact of cuts at Library and Archives Canada and other federal department libraries, CLA indicated that LAC was ending ILL [interlibrary loan service], which caused discussion on a number of lists.

I have asked for clarification, and LAC has confirmed that it is the end of ILL as we have known it.

LAC is looking at a variety of models for making their holdings widely available within their financial constraints.

The current service will end February 15 2013; the successor to the current ILL program will be announced in the fall of 2012.
Laure (France);
Graham (Cumberland, England/Grahamsfield, Scotland), Taylor (Orkney);
Rogan, Johnston, McKinney, Irwin, Hamilton (Ireland);
Masters (Wiltshire, England).
Houldsworth (Sheffield, Middlesex)