Author Topic: Victory Kidder, Laird Street Birkenhead  (Read 5910 times)

Offline clingov1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Victory Kidder, Laird Street Birkenhead
« on: Wednesday 09 May 12 19:16 BST (UK) »
does anyone have any old photos or archive information on this enterprise? what did they do, how many worked there and was this an exempt industry during WW 2?

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Kidder, Laird Street Birkenhead
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 May 12 08:42 BST (UK) »
clingov1

For this type of question you would probably be better to put a query on this site, they have a lot of very knowledgeable history buffs who might have more of an idea of what you are looking for.

http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/80/1/Wirral_History.html
(if you check the index it does get a mention)

There is also a little snip about what they were here.

http://www.briarpress.org/20216

Offline clingov1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 May 12 17:14 BST (UK) »
many thanks Colin, I do go on the wiki site and I never thought about posting there DOH!
Maureen

Offline dustybug

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 May 14 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have a couple of photos of The Victory Kidder Printing Machine Company before moving to Arrowe Park Wirral where it was renamed Simon VK.

For some reason I can not upload them here, if you have any idea's I would be greatfull.

Victory Kidder made a variety of printing machines ranging from wallpaper printers, for making the old white fiver used by the Royal mint, high quality multi paper hole punch machines. I am not 100% sure but I think they made machines that printed bus tickets prior to 1960.

If you could see the building there where two entrances one to the left and right. The one on the right was to John Perfecta Guillotines which where also made on the same premises.