Author Topic: Georgina CRAWFORD - Hitchin  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Georgina CRAWFORD - Hitchin
« on: Thursday 10 May 12 08:08 BST (UK) »
Maybe a long shot but I would be grateful for any help clarifying a "lost" cousin (short of obtaining a copy of the death certificate itself).

The index shows: Georgina CRAWFORD Age: 88 Hitchin 3A 1420 JFM 1945

I am tracing the life story of Georgeana Forde Pigott (b. 1857) who, after marriage, was known by the surname CRAUFORD. Although London born and based, she was a resident in Brooklands Nursing Home, Kneesworth Road, Royston during the early 1940s.

There is a precedent in the family tree for the "W" to enter the surname as her film star niece took the stage name Mimi CRAWFORD during the 1920s. Indeed, the proper (certificated) surname of her husband was CRAXFORD!

So, I am wondering whether the Georgina CRAWFORD in the Hitchin index is the person I am looking for. Also, are there any local burial records for the period.

Many thanks

Alan

Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson