Author Topic: SURNAME INTERESTS  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Quellie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SURNAME INTERESTS
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 November 05 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Ok brilliant. lets hope we can share info

Thanks Rachel
Scott, Hanney Somerset
White, Somerset, Warwick, Buckinghamshire

Offline Steven1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SURNAME INTERESTS
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 November 05 15:38 GMT (UK) »
:D
Hi im also researching the WHITE surname in the Birmingham, Warwick areas from 1800-1920s and maybe even beyond those dates.
My great grandfathers x3 were all Edward White two of which were doctors.

Any chance were looking for the same relatives?

Rachel

Hi

I'm Nigels cousin, I still carry the White family name. The honest answer to your question is I don't know.

My Great Grandfather was a George(b1877), non of the children he had were Edward's.

Georges father was a Joseph(b1850) who married a Mary Leah Peers, the only children I can trace at the moment are George and an Emily.

Georges Grandfather was another Joseph (b1811), he married a lady by the name of Sarah, from London.  I have them in the 1851 census, with 7 children (the eldest 15), non are Edwards, whether any of Joseph and Sarah's children had children, called Edward, I don't yet know.

The family in 1851 were in Handsworth, then moved to what we now know as the Jewellery Quarter, the family finished up in Aston. Two trades that stick out in the family are a File Cutter and a Shoemaker.

IF there are any links, they are most likely to be through the children of Joseph (b1811). If you have any other names linked with one of your Edwards, let me know and I'll check them against Joseph's (b1811) children as at 1851.

Stephen
Surnames that I am intersted in are:- Siddons, Coulson, Clives, White, Cullin, Peers, Swingler, Lambeth, Quibell, Greenway, Beaman, Durrie, and Gibbs, all of Aston/Duddeston/Hockley in Birmingham,Warwickshire and Inskeep of Shrewsbury Shropshire and Birimingham