Author Topic: George Mason & Hemi Watikini Mahaka  (Read 5284 times)

Offline HannahM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Mason & Hemi Watikini Mahaka
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 May 12 07:43 BST (UK) »
Ok, i might give that a go.
Im just looking for siblings of these men and children. I am wanting to find out i i am a distant relative to family friends around Banks Peninsula and The West Coast.
I'm only doing it in my spare time to give me a better understanding of my ancestory and where they came from, also who i am related to.

If there is anyway you could find out who (of the men in my family tree) shirted to the west coast. I know my Grandfather was born there, but would like to know exactly who shifted our family over.

Thanks
Hannah
Mason

Offline Thamesite2017

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 20:12 BST (UK) »
William that was son of George and Heni died at Ross 1923..so he had moved to the coast

You could then work down each generation and see where they appear in electoral rolls
Do you have a libary nearby that has ancestry.you can enter their names and see where they lived and what their occupation was

Looking later at 1911, there are several MASONS (with the names you mention) at Ross working as bushman and at sawmills

Take a look at Ross cemetery and you will see alot of Mason's and can see family details/links from headstone inscriptions
http://public.westland.govt.nz/cgi-bin/nph-ip/000000A/http/rating/cgi-bin/mksform?form=cemetery/cep

Bye
Althea

Offline HannahM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 06:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for that.

Hannah
Mason

Offline merikamason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 November 13 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, Hannah I think we may be distant relatives....my name is Ashley Mason.

I believe William Mason and Henry Mason were twins, well my line goes down through Henry Mason. My family still live on the west coast though I think Henry Mason died in Canterbury in 1907... But my family have lived in on the West Coast for atleast 3 generations before me (That's as far as I know).

If you need anymore information my father actually worked for Ngai Tahu in the whakapapa section and has accumulated a lot of information particularly about the Henry Mason line but possibly about all the lines that come from George and Hemi.

My fathers name is Andrew and is also his fathers name so I wonder were they named after the Andrews in your family?

My line goes George Mason, Henry Mason (1845), Blank (Unsure which son of Henry Mason), Henry Mason, Andrew Mason, Andrew Mason jnr, then me, Ashley Mason.

I havent properly talked to my dad because Im sure he would tell me exactly who my relatives are but im so interested in finding out where I come from and who im related to.

Offline HannahM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 November 13 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ashley,

I do believe that we are distant relatives. My Family line goes: George Mason, William Mason, Andrew Mason, George Mason, Malcom Mason, Daren Mason and then myself.
I would love to get some information about the Henry Mason line and if possible William or Fredrick (Another son of George)

Thanks  :)
Mason

Offline Rita80

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 September 15 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I stumbled across your thread googling about our tupuna. Did you find the information you needed? Our family comes down the William Mason line. Just thought I'd check incase you didn't get much further. The book we have is '150 years of the Mason Family in NZ 1837-1987'. Anyway, you started searching a long time ago so have probably found all you need by now.

Rita80 :)