Author Topic: Mary CUNDY m Bakewell 1803  (Read 4251 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary CUNDY m Bakewell 1803
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 May 12 13:52 BST (UK) »
The first Mary Cundy bapt 15.2 1769 was buried 6.10.1774 da of Thomas & Mary.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 May 12 13:58 BST (UK) »
I'm getting confused as I thought you said in your first post that you hadn't found a death of Mary Critchlow (however spelt)

Carol

Sorry Carol

My careless wording. My thinking is that Mary nee Cundy wife of Daniel may have died before 1841. What I meant was that I hadn't found a death/burial for a Mary CRITCHLOW that would allow Daniel to remarry another Mary, a 'Longnor Mary', some time before the 1841 census.
Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 May 12 14:01 BST (UK) »
Right.....this is how I read it..........I now think you're right to ignore the Bakewell link altogether.....nobody called mary Cundy of Bakewell ever married daniel Chritchlow......

I have established beyond doubt that Mary Cundy 1779 married William Taylor 1814 and died 1817 aged 37

There are two Mary CUNDY deaths at Bakewell....06.10.1774 and 04.06.1811..coupled with the Mary taylor death 1817..that very nicely accounts for all three mary Cundy's born at Bakewell........(Mary 1734 d.o. Zachary and Mary

Now I'm off to probe the Longnor/Monyash possibility!!

Derek
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....