Author Topic: Help!! What name?  (Read 4943 times)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help!! What name?
« Reply #27 on: Monday 24 October 05 16:03 BST (UK) »
The alias looks like JAUNCEY to me. A not uncommon name.

Strangely enough someone else asked about a similar looking name some time back.

Regards
Robert

And strangely enough someone else said on this thread some time back:
JANUARY is a perfectly ordinary surname - ditto JAUNCEY which has been suggested.

Cheers,

;)    ;D

JAP

Offline the happy granny

• RootsChat Senior
  • Brain addled?..........mine too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 10 February 06 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

PaulineJ was right it is Samways.

I was contacted by a new member who has Barjen in her tree too..........she Googled the name and was directed to Rootschat.

Henry was illegitimate.......had is mother surname and used his fathers name over the years...as did his family.

Well done ............Rootschat has come up trumps again...........and I have another rellie to exchange family information with!!

Don't you just love these sort of days?

Sue
Gourlay,Peat,Porter,Smith,Kirk, from Ceres,Cupar,Kennoway,Fife<br />Coley,from Barcombe,Sussex<br />Cozens from Kingston Russel,Symonds from Symondsbury,Dorset<br />Catchpole,from Norfolk,London (Fulham)<br />Lock/e,from Somerset and London (Pimlico) Everett from Portsmouth and Alvechurch,Worcester<br />Carr/Wandes....Hampshire<br />Spicer,Fry,Fosher,Coulter,Burridge,Brewster,Hancock, Lotter from Kent and London Borders<br />Holloway from Sussex

Online janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 February 06 12:15 GMT (UK) »
That's great Sue ;D
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Genie-Heather

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 26 January 09 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sue

I notice you had discussions on Rootschat some three years ago regarding the name Barjew/Barieu/Barjaw.  I have two or three Barjew Pitchers from Melbury Osmond Dorset.  I have
Robert Pitcher m.1706 St Michaels Coventry Warwickshire to Sarah Collins or Short
their son Barjew Pitcher bapt. 1709 Melbury Osmond d.1801 Melbury Osmond m. Elizabeth ?
their son John Pitcher bap.c.1745 m.Elizabeth/Betty Andrews
their son Barjew Pitcher b.1798 m. Hannah Mintern, immigrated to USA and died 1864 in Ohio.

Earlier research showed that three men surname Barjew arrived in England. The document referrred to them as Alien. Unfortunately I cannot quote the reference or document name, mislaid it.

Could we correspond to gather information on this name.

Sincerely
Heather
Australia
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline the happy granny

• RootsChat Senior
  • Brain addled?..........mine too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 26 January 09 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather 

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

Thanks for contacting me.Yes I would love to work with you and research this unusual name.

I have emailed to direct at the address you gave me

look forward to hearing from you again

kind regards

Sue

Gourlay,Peat,Porter,Smith,Kirk, from Ceres,Cupar,Kennoway,Fife<br />Coley,from Barcombe,Sussex<br />Cozens from Kingston Russel,Symonds from Symondsbury,Dorset<br />Catchpole,from Norfolk,London (Fulham)<br />Lock/e,from Somerset and London (Pimlico) Everett from Portsmouth and Alvechurch,Worcester<br />Carr/Wandes....Hampshire<br />Spicer,Fry,Fosher,Coulter,Burridge,Brewster,Hancock, Lotter from Kent and London Borders<br />Holloway from Sussex