Author Topic: Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire  (Read 5030 times)

Offline SuzieH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire
« on: Wednesday 16 May 12 02:33 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information or connection with Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire, the family of Chaworth- Musters and the village of Annesley.
Project of restoring the Old Church Tower under- way and family tales, historical points or similar are welcomed.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 04:03 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat SuzieH.  :)

If you go to the bar at the top of this page you will see some words with leaves beside them. Select [Search] and enter "Annesley Hall" into the search bar. Apart from this post there are a couple of other mentions of Annesley Hall. I haven't checked to see what the content of the posts is, but you might find something of interest. Of course you can also search in the same way for any family names.

On the same bar you will see [Surnames]. Here you can search for members who have registered the surnames they are researching. After you have made three posts on rootschat you can then contact these members via Personal Message.

Best of luck with your most worthwhile project.

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 09:34 BST (UK) »
There are a lot of references in Google Books http://www.rootschat.com/links/0mhh/

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 10:18 BST (UK) »
google Chaworth- Musters

images

sylvia
notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SuzieH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 May 12 01:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info - just working out how RW works, had seen some posts in 2011 from others interested and hoped I could include them in the project.
The threads were from 2007, esp awahl, Roots Chat Extra and Dizzifish RC veteran, with working and family connections to the Hall.  Hope they still use this site. !

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 May 12 03:47 BST (UK) »
Suzie, you may have worked this out by now, but if you wish to contact a person on rootschat you can click on their name, or the green scroll under their name. This takes you to a page which will tell you when they were last online.

From this page you can also contact them via Personal Message.

Awahl was online last year and Dizzifish was online yesterday so you have a good chance of making contact with both of them.  ;)

Good luck.

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 May 12 20:19 BST (UK) »

This site may be of interest to you Suzie.

http://www.gatehouse-gazetteer.info/English%20sites/2893.html

Skewy.

Offline AnnesleyAl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 August 12 20:19 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information or connection with Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire, the family of Chaworth- Musters and the village of Annesley.
Project of restoring the Old Church Tower under- way and family tales, historical points or similar are welcomed.

Hello Suzie ....Annesley was my birthplace and I was down at the old church photographing only a couple of weeks ago. !

For research you can do no  better than a copy of "Annesley through the Ages " by Dennis Pearson.
It covers everything you want to know with the exception of the recent restoration project.
Dennis was a local historian who published a high quality hardback book of some 380 pages in 1995.
Sadly he died several years ago. 
I think there may still be copies available  at the local Kirkby Conservation Society.
 I'm due to be visiting in the next week so I'll find out if they are still available and get back to you.

Offline SuzieH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 31 August 12 22:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the Message re Annesley. I am a member of the conservation Society and have a copy of Annesley through the ages, and Queen of a Fantastic Realm, and A family gathering the Musters Story.

For over 20 years I have compiled information and contacts over this topic, and as belonging to the Friends of Annesley Old Church Project ( the heritage lottery funded restoration of the Tower). So.... I was trying to widen the interest and let other be aware of the Launch date for the Tower Re opening and Project 8th Sept. A day of events at the Tower and New Church and Accacia Ave Community centre, with a Ghost Walk at the Old Church at 7pm.

The Hall and the local history amaze me, and if there is any way it can be saved, preserved, used as a museum or historical venue, so much the better.  We are looking at other Towers and how they are managed and funds raised i.e. Bramcote has a similar story to Annesley Old Church but less remains, Colwick needs a project to save it internally as the Musters are Buried inside.
I hope to be up at the Church with photos on the 8th during the day and other paperwork, Mr Starr is to give history talk and in time the site will encourage art, writing, photography, and be kept in a good state of repair.

There is a plan of the site and names on gravestones ( those readable) that came from the conservation society, and when the project is a little further along we will have a DVD showing the builders, students from schools, stonemasons, etc all aspects of those people who have worked within the project. A face book page Annesley Old Church Project, shows events linked to the project and contact numbers for anyone who wants to assist with research or just wants to be involved in any way.

Once again, thank you for the message and hope to see you on the day.
Sue.