Author Topic: Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire  (Read 5029 times)

Offline AnnesleyAl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 September 12 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Suzie...thanks for the update.  Its good to hear of someone who is actively researching and attempting  to preserve what is left of the old hall.
 The decline I have  seen in Annesley Old Hall  during my lifetime is very sad to say the least.
 I remember it being inhabited by the old Colonel who used occasionally come to the evening  service at the 'new' church. To see the old hall in state it is now, is very sad.
You mention a talk by Mr Starr....is this on the 8th (Sept) ...at the old church?   If so, what sort of time is this taking place?
I no longer live in the locality but will happily travel down.
Finally the only other resource I can think regarding Annesley History is Frank Lyons book 'Hills of Annesley', but I'm sure you're already aware of that.

regards    Alan

Offline SuzieH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annesley Hall Nottinghamshire
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alan,

During the day of the 8th, various things are going off at the Accacia Centre from 10am ( as noted on prev message) Dick is to give a history talk at the Church Yard  during the day and at the Centre. 7pm is his Ghostly Tales of Annesley Hall to be given at the Churchyard.

May I suggest you come to the Centre, see an upto date list of events from ourselves and other societies, perhaps visit the new Church earlier as a wedding is on around 12.30pm. Kirkby and district Conservation Society ,linked with the Church Group, share information on the stalls, and we should have similar at the old Church site, with Annesley Hall info. A group of morriss dancers and skiffle music will be on site at the Church later !