Author Topic: LEBHERZ - Immigration & Emigration  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Nowecious

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LEBHERZ - Immigration & Emigration
« Reply #18 on: Friday 22 June 12 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hello again Kathy.  The info I have got from Oz BMD records shows John's second wife as Emmeline WAKELIN, and this is what is on his Death Cert. Perhaps that was her maiden name? The 20-year age gap between Jacob & John had had  me wondering if they were perhaps father & son, or brothers at each end of the sibling line. And no, I haven't been able to track down Hannah Jane either, although on John's D/C she is referred to as JANE BURKE, so it looks as if she was known by Jane & not Hannah, but as for Burke...???.
  From one of the previous contributors on this page, a Conrad & Rosine Lebherz came out in 1863, and Jacob & Johann (John) were in that family. Conrad could be your "John C. ", but  Rosine/Catherine ?? Did he too have a 2nd marriage?  You can contact me separately at (*)  so that we don't run out of space. I am waiting for Marr certs from Brisbane so that I can see  if John was "wid" or "div" when he remarried.
Look forward to hearing from you.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 June 12 14:51 BST (UK) »
Nowecious, you should remove your email address from your post.
A moderator will probably do it, if you don't.
This is avoid spam etc.
You can use the PM system to tell Kathy your email address if you like.
Just click on the square / diamond under her name and it takes you to her profile and under it you'll see a line that says something like 'send this Rootschatter a personal message'.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Nowecious

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 23 June 12 02:30 BST (UK) »
Humble Apologies.  It was late at night, and I thought I had clicked on the right icon. (Excuses-excuses).      Nowecious.

Offline ladyshedragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 August 13 11:44 BST (UK) »
thought i would introduce myself.   Im John and Florence LeBherz great granddaughter...  raised in new zealand but moved to brisbane early this year.   I do have info on Johns time with the LDS church at Kangaroo Point if anyone is interested.   I have only just discovered my ancestory links to brisbane. 
John and Florence had 3 children i believe (will need to confirm this)  Cyril, Harold and Violet.  Harold is my grandfather who married Dorothy Toomer from Wellington, NZ.
 i hope to visit key sites for John and his family here in Brisbane, and maybe find more family still living here :) :D

Offline Nowecious

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 August 13 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hello.  I think you are a bit out with that.  I have quite a long tree of that family, going back to the early 1700s (kindly supplied by a lady in Salt Lake City.)
Johannes/John LEBHERZ (b.1858 - d.1925 in NZ) married 1st Hannah Jane HOUGHTON in Brisbane, 1878.  She died in childbirth in 1893, and he remarried to Emmeline (née Wakelin) Wilson in 1896.  Children (7) of the 1st marriage include Florence Rosina Emily (the names are sometimes switched around) who was the 6th child.  She became  the 2nd wife of Harry TOOMER (after his first wife & 2 dtrs were drowned in the wreck of the "Penguin") and their children were 1911 Cyril John; 1914 Harold Harry; 1916 Ronald Harry; 1920 Violet Florence.
Harold Harry TOOMER married Dorothy Mary Forrester.
   If you can send me your e-mail privately, I can give you more info.
If you are in Brisbane, there is another Toomer/Lebherz descendant living down on the Gold Coast who you could probably contact.  Bfn.

Offline ladyshedragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 28 June 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
oops sorry.... yr right   ..  Harry and Florence (Lebherz) Toomer,,,  their son Harold is my grandfather....  i would be interested in contacting the other lebherz/toomer relative on the coast....  ill try and figure out how to pm u my email.....  thank u    :)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 29 June 14 01:26 BST (UK) »
ladyshedragon if you just reply to this post with a 'thanks' you will have 3 posts and then you will be able to PM  your Nowecious.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline ladyshedragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 29 June 14 04:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dawn ... :-)

Offline Gnlgymd100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 03 March 17 14:09 GMT (UK) »
I'm related to Joseph Francis Lebherz (or Le Bherz) through his wife, Maud Bartley.  Maud is my 2nd cousin 2x removed.  I'd love to hear from anyone descended from this couple as I'm a bit confused and would love to discuss the family with someone to make sure I have the right names.

Maud and Joseph married in Brisbane in 1910.  The children I have for them are Ada Florence Maud  (married name Cunnington); Doris Elizabeth (married name Bell); John Francis (married to Daisy Morrison); Wiliam George (married to Kathleen Rosemarie Somers) and Alfred Charles (married to Eunice Jean Pearl Crick).  I have some grandchildren's names but not all of them as I have seen a list on the Ryerson index of people with the Lebherz surname but not sure how they tie in with the family.

Any help anyone can give me to put me on the right track would be appreciated.

Regards and best wishes,
Gnlgymd100
(ancestry screen name Gnlgymd)
Gordon, Carter, Lunie, Young, Pirie, Duncan,  Belgrie, Croll, Watt, Ferguson, Peat, Brand, Smith, Wallace, Middleton, Miller, Bell, Mollison, Gauld/Gault/Gall, Clerk/Clark, Anderson,  Grassick, Robertson, Niper, Kerr, Kinnear, Edwards, Low, Stewart, M(a)cDonald, Lamb, Petrie, Cowlie, Muckart, Tweedale, Davidson(e), M(a)cLeod, Stephen, Grassie, Mitchell, Whyte, M(a)cLean, Carnegie, Will, Robert, Fairweather, Hill, Reid, Steel, Jackson, Page, Murfitt, Bass,