Author Topic: Eaton House  (Read 851 times)

Offline Certacito

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eaton House
« on: Thursday 17 May 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of an Eaton House in your area?  It would have been going in the fifties and sixties and had a nursery of sorts.

I assume it was some kind of Council run home for children whose parents were absent for one reason or another?

I'm not even sure if it is in the Durham area and will post same on the Yorkshire board.

Thanks.
Moreton. McKeown.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eaton House
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 May 12 12:12 BST (UK) »
Rather than make the same post on several boards, you would be better off requesting that this post be moved to the common room. There were probably several places called Eaton House in England. Can you give any more details about the particular Eaton House you are interested in?

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 May 12 12:23 BST (UK) »
Are you sure it was in the north?

http://www.eatonhouseschools.com/
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Certacito

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 May 12 12:30 BST (UK) »
Rather than make the same post on several boards, you would be better off requesting that this post be moved to the common room. There were probably several places called Eaton House in England. Can you give any more details about the particular Eaton House you are interested in?

No but as the family in question were living in your area I took a chance.  I posted on two boards because of possible boundary changes that have occured over the years. All I know is taken from a social services document that said the children were installed at Eaton house nursery for a time.  Very vague I realise but it might ring a bell with someone.
Moreton. McKeown.