Author Topic: Ford family in Herfordshire  (Read 1494 times)

Offline averill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ford family in Herfordshire
« on: Thursday 17 May 12 17:42 BST (UK) »
Searching on the internet I came across an item Jenny's Family History.  The information it included was of some Ford family members that included Frances Ford b. 1808 who married my 3X Gt. Grandfather James Jordan b. 1808.  They married 3 Jan 1830 in Harefield, Middx.

Included in Jenny's information was her e-mail address (*)  replying to this address I got a reply telling me it was undeliverable.  Can anyone help me in this matter.  Either tracing Jenny or with information regarding the Ford family in Hertfordshire.

Regards,  Averill.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
Re: Ford family in Herfordshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 July 12 03:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Averill

I'm not too sure what info you require about the Ford family, you are aware of the births and marriage in 1830...

Source, IGI:
12 Jun 1808 James Jordan s. of William Jordan & Elizabeth, Rickmansworth, bap.
17 Jul 1808 James Jordan s. of Elizabeth Jordan, Sarrat, bap. B. 1 Jun 1808.
8 May 1808 James Jordain s. of John Jordain & Rebecca, Sarrat, bap. B. 1 Apr 1808

3 Apr 1808 Frances Ford d. of William Ford & Frances, Rickmansworth, bap.

12 Jan 1812 Fancis Ford s. of James Ford & Elizabeth, Rickmansworth, bap.

Hope there is something useful here.

Regards
Geoff
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline averill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ford family in Herfordshire
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply Geoff,

I knew about my 3X Gt. Grandfather James Jordan b1808 (son of Elizabeth Jordan) who married Frances Ford, b. 1808 in Harefield Middx.  Having learnt that Frances Ford was born in Rickmansworth and about her parents, I was hoping that 'someone' out there might have researched the Ford family and would be able to help in tracing back further that family.  Also of course, I have a problem with my illegitimate 3 X Gt Grandfather James Jordan and hid paternal family links - this is something of course that might never get solved.  There are no parish records in existence for either Sarratt or Chipperfield that might have held a clue unfortunately.

Also in Chipperfield where this James Jordan spent most if not all his life, there was another Jordan family living that you mentioned, James Jordan son of John Jordan & Rebecca (Kentish), mis-spelt as 'Jordain'.  These two families lived just yards apart at one time - but unfortunately I cannot establish a link between them.  In those days there were only around 300 or so people living in Chipperfield so this makes it all the more frustrating!

Thanks for your help, at least I have got a bit further back with my Ford ancestors.

Regards,  Averill. :)