Author Topic: Baptism & Marriage Lookup  (Read 1715 times)

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bevan family Barnstaple 1796-1880
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 January 20 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Nancy,
Wow, this thread is a blast from the past - 2012 to be exact.

I have done a LOT of research on the family since then; my wife is related to Mary Ann Bevan (she was base born and baptised Mary Ann Beavin Darke) who married Thomas Jones. Her father William (also base born and baptised William Prout) was buried 20 March 1873 at Holy Trinity, Barnstaple, Devon, aged 77 and his wife Mary Ann was buried 29 July 1879, also at Holy Trinity, aged 83. William & Mary had at least another ten children (Betsy, Thomas, William Prout, Edward, John, Reece, Susannah, James Squire, Walter Molton & George H); which one are you related to?

I haven't managed to find a will for him on the Find a Will site in the name of Bevan (or Prout); are you sure he left one?

Steve.

Offline CUNNINGB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism & Marriage Lookup
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 January 20 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hey Steve
I am just increasingly feeling that this is the family of my George Henry Bevan who immigrated to Canada and then Chicago, IL.
I've paid for William Proust Bevan will and will have it in a couple of weeks, I'll send you a copy here is the index listing https://nancysgenealogyblog.blogspot.com/2020/01/william-prout-bevan-is-he-my-george.html

I will look at your Mary Ann ... do you have any infor on George Henry. I'm following up on Walter in Australia but just started.
Are you in US ? Thanks (*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism & Marriage Lookup
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 January 20 08:57 GMT (UK) »

Nancy, I've just sent you a PM with my email address. The only information I have on George Henry (I onl;y knew him as George H) are the 1841 and 1851 census returns, after which he disappeared (as did Walter). If they both emigrated that would explain it... Steve.