Author Topic: Timmons & Mernagh marriage.  (Read 15202 times)

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Timmons & Mernagh marriage.
« on: Saturday 19 May 12 13:43 BST (UK) »
Is John Timmons who married Mary Mernagh in Rathdrum the brother of Sarah,Mary,Lizzie,Julia,Thomas,Laurence,James? Sarah stayed in Ireland her sister Mary came to England & died in Norfolk,Mary Mernagh may have had a brother Jim who was a postman.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Timmons & Mernagh marriage.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 May 12 15:05 BST (UK) »
Any dates?

Who was the father of Sarah, Mary, Lizzie, Julia, Thomas, Laurence and James? (father's name should be shown on marriage certificate of John Timmons which would help to confirm or eliminate a sibling relationship)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 May 12 17:36 BST (UK) »
The fathers name was Laurence Timmo(i)ns,Sarahs mother was Roseanna Walsh but the other childrens mother was Julia Hayden.The children were born between 1893 &1911,John being the youngest.The Timmons-Mernagh marriage was in 1936,John would have been approx 25,but just clutching at straws,area & age seem right.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 May 12 17:38 BST (UK) »
If you order the marriage certificate it should list father's name and occupation as well as John's residence at time of marriage which may be a family address known to you.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 May 12 18:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks,i think i will have to. Sarah was my m-i-law & we know nothing about her siblings or any addresses so am completly in the dark.A lady from Rootschat found Mary in England for me which was a total surprise.

Offline Adam Timmons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hello All,
    I am new to rootschat.  Thanks to Moscan I have been reading about Tymon castle trying to fill in the gaps between my Greeeeeeaaate Grandfather John Timmons and stories that were told regarding the castle and I hope family connections.  John Timmons' son (I am beginning to believe there were many John Timmons) was Edward Timmons who immigrated in the early 19th century.  According to my father the old man constantly went on about how "Cromwell burned the castle" so I'm hoping to use that to find people prior to John. 
    I have no certainty who John married although through Ancestry I have been able to find where he lived in Dublin up until the 1840's.
    I am hoping that the John Timmons here is my ancestor so that I can fill in yet another gap. 
    Any help??

Offline 01lizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 June 13 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm one of Thomas Timmons' grandchildren, please contact me as there are three branches of this family we're in contact with and would love to fill in some gaps.

Offline dalkey mc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 20:57 BST (UK) »
 Hi 01lizzie,I hope your Thomas is related to us.Our Thomas was born approx 1907 & he was my mother-in-laws brother.We have not been able to find any other members of her family other than her sister Mary,she died in Norfolk & that is all we know.Look forward to hearing from you
                                            Natalie

Offline 01lizzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Natalie, Grandad was born around that time, i remember a few years ago mum saying he would have been 100! From what I've read in these posts it seems very likely. My mum has mentioned uncle Lar (Lawrence); uncle Jack (John?); his wife May, (born a Mernagh); aunt julia and some others. Though, there was also uncle Des (i'm sure it transpired at his funeral that he had been baptised a different name, though i may have that wrong). Mum's grandparents were Lawrence and Julia and there is a vague feeling/memory that her grandfather had been married before.

P.s. Mum's just called and grandad, we think was born in 1906.P