Author Topic: Jacob VAUTIER marriage - Bethnal Green area?  (Read 7032 times)

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob VAUTIER marriage - Bethnal Green area?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 December 10 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Fred

I have read the book before, fascinating isn't it. None of my own ancestors buried there were amongst the 'named sample', though a Judith Le Maistre was, who left money in her will to my 6xg grandparents and their children. In many ways I'm glad though, obviously my ancestors must have been excavated along with all the other bodies, but as interested as I am in digging up their histories, digging up their bones and examining them..maybe a step too far? :o I'm sure as you say there are less squeamish who would be quite happy to!
Bellenger, Sebire, Soubien, Mallandain, Molle, Baudoin - Normandy/London
Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London
Mourgue, Chambon, Chabot - Languedoc/London

Holohan, Donnelly, McGowan/McGoan - Leitrim, Ireland/Dundee, Scotland/London.

Gordon, Troup, Grant, Watt, McInnes - Aberdeenshire, Scotland/London

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 January 11 15:24 GMT (UK) »
eastender, Hi  :)

just wanted to say, the thread you put up, it is amazing ,

thank you .

Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline eastender

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:53 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure.
Wocha, Vocha, Vautier, Dehais, Delahayes, Horsburgh, Lucas, Roe, Vaughan, Rosser, Tully, Osborn, Dick. Huguenots.

Offline boulty07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 May 12 21:13 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to contact richarde197 or espically eastender.  I looked on google for my family member and it came up with a rootchat between the two of you.  This was back in 2010.  It was regarding JACOB VAUTIER.  It seems thats we may be related as my 6xgrandfather was also your 3xgrandfather.  The information I read was brillant.  I hope that:
one-Eastender you could contact me regarding your findings

Two- Richarde, maybe help me with learning where to start finding this records.  I've been doingthis for some months but seem to only make the basic finds.

I would be grateful if you both would contact me.

Moderator comment: topics merged

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Boulty.

In regards the Huguenots the best source of info is the Huguenot Society of GB & Ireland. They have a website online and sell some of their publications on CD Rom. They also have an excellent library in central London with a lot of other unpublished archives. There are many good French websites tooo which are helpful.

Regards

Richard

Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London

Offline ffletch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 June 12 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hello all,
 just wondering if i might ask a question. I am researching my Garrett line in London c1777, George married a Mary (martha) Dehay c1781, who i am led to believe is the daughter of Pierre (peter) Alexander Dehay (i say peter as this is how he states his name on banns) and Mary Swaby, would anyone be able to confirm if Mary is their daughter?? I have had a dig around and feel there might be two George Garrett's married to Mary's living in the same are at the same time so i'm getting very confused. Their daughter Jane 1803 (who went on to marry Henry Cartledge at St. Geo Bloomsbury) is confirmed as my ancestor... would like to know if who i think she decends from would be correct?? Any help would be wonderful as i have be stuck on this line for a long time, and there seems to be some very knowledgeable people on this thread so thought i may as well ask. thanks in advance (and sorry for hijacking your post!)

Michaal
Baker, Cartledge, Chapman, Cullen, Dehay, Dalrymple, Fletcher, Gilbert, Garrett, Godden, Rolfe, Warburton, in Kent, London and Australia

Offline ffletch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 June 12 23:34 BST (UK) »
sorry...... should of read **Garrett line in London, George c 1777** and not London c1777 (George and Mary were married 1801 at St. Matthers, Bethnal Green) i did try and correct this but the computer won't let me hahaha! sorry for any confusion
Baker, Cartledge, Chapman, Cullen, Dehay, Dalrymple, Fletcher, Gilbert, Garrett, Godden, Rolfe, Warburton, in Kent, London and Australia

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 16 June 12 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Michaal

Three of George and Mary's children, applied to and were inmates of the French Hospital London, daughter Pheobe (born 1801, married name 'Envill') who applied in February 1864, and was an inmate there from February 1867 to her death in November of the same year, son George (born 1806) who applied November 1889, and was an inmate there from July 1892 to his death in November 1902, and  daughter Selena (born 1815, married name 'Askin') who applied  in December 1890 and was an inmate there from 3rd September 1892 to her death on April 17th 1903.

Their records confirm the information you have is correct and they were grandchildren of Pierre Alexander Dehaye, who was himself an inmate at the Hospital from March 1813 to Feb 1818.

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 16 June 12 12:53 BST (UK) »
Hello again Michaal

I do not think your Jane does belong to this family. These are George and Mary's children

George Garret married Mary Dehaye 15 Feb 1801 St Matthews Bethnal Green

Phoebe Garrett baptised 19 Apr 1801    St Matthew, Bethnal Green
George Garrett baptised 9 Oct 1803    St Matthew, Bethnal Green
George Garrett baptised 31 Aug 1806    St Matthew, Bethnal Green
Mary Ann Garrett baptised  Mar 1809    St Matthew, Bethnal Green
Selena Garret baptised 16 Jul 1815       St Matthew, Bethnal Green

Note though ancestry has transcribed her name as 'Martha' the actual marriage entry correctly reads Mary.

Jane seems to belong instead to this couple:

George Garrett and Martha Garrett married 21 May 1794 St Andrew Holborn

George William Garratt baptised 5 Jan 1794    St Andrew, Holborn
Jane Garrett baptised 29 May 1803    St Andrew, Holborn
Joseph Garrett baptised 29 May 1803    St Andrew, Holborn
Eleanor Garrett baptised 3 Feb 1805    St Andrew, Holborn
Henry Garratt baptised 12 Apr 1807    St Andrew, Holborn
Ann Garrett baptised 17 Sep 1809    St Andrew, Holborn
George James Garrett baptised 13 Oct 1811    St Andrew, Holborn

Holborn is in West Central London, quite a way from Bethnal Green which is in the East End. This also matches up with Jane's marriage in Bloomsbury which is a parish directly neighbouring Holborn.