Author Topic: Fred Holt  (Read 5515 times)

Offline golfnutter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Holt
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 December 12 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Fred started with Royal Navy as a cooks mate and was on supply ships and stationed at land bases during the WWI1. He finished his service as leading cook on the Prince George. All of this can be found on the national archives RN section his service number was 347733. He was born 7th June 1876 and the place of birth w as Brentwood, the Holt family lived around the Ongar Area and they worked on the farms in the surrounding area.
His marriage to my Granma took place on 14th August 1909 in Chatham how long it lasted until it ended no one seems to know. The only information I have is the wedding certificate my mum has and her recollections of events when she was young but sadly not with Fred. Granma never spoke much to my mum about what happened even when she was living with mum and dad and took most of her memories to her grave in 1963. Mum did have some letters from him about him asking for a divorce but Granma declined his wishes hence his marriage at the time to May Ablett was annulled. Whether this went to court I have no idea.

Offline 3709935

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 December 12 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the interesting info there. Frustrating when folks take the past with them to the grave, not necessarily the dark secrets but anything interesting about their lives etc. Do you have a copy / scanned image of the marriage certificate you could send me for my project? Do you have a family tree on-line / you could send me? My trees are all with myheritage.com although I have used GenesReunited and ancestry.co.uk but not extensively. If you're registered with myheritage I can send you the official invite to view my tree if that would be of interest to you?
Andrew

Offline golfnutter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

hopefully this weekend i will try to scan or take a photo of the certifcate.
would it be possible to tell me who is your grandad or granma.

with thanks

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi 3709935 and golfnutter

The best way to exchange email addresses and then private documents is via the personal message system.

You can access this by clicking on the green scroll underneath a member's avatar.

Dawn
(co-moderator for Essex)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline 3709935

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

hopefully this weekend i will try to scan or take a photo of the certifcate.
would it be possible to tell me who is your grandad or granma.

with thanks

Hi
My great-grandparents' names were Fred and May Holt (nee Ablett). To make things easier, my email address is .....................
Any info / documents / pics would be great as I have nothing on him. I know he was born c.1889 and died 1947.

Email address removed to prevent spam and other abuse.  Click on the green scroll under the user name to use our private message system as suggested in the previous post

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I suggest you remove your email address from the main board and send it via PM, other wise you are likely to receive lots of spam mail.  ;D ;D ;D

Jan
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk