Author Topic: Ollier, Hillier, Ellerton. Walker. In Nantwich  (Read 4749 times)

Offline saab93

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ollier, Hillier, Ellerton. Walker. In Nantwich
« on: Sunday 27 May 12 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hi... I am looking for some leads to my family history in Nantwich cheshire.  I myself is from the Ollier/hillier side of the family and Ellerton / Walker is on my mothers side.

My grandmother was Francis Ann Hillier who married Christopher Ollier .
and my other grandparents were Anne walker who married Frank Ellerton..(all dead now)  DOB around 1910

I am looking to go back as far as possible with information to help me understand my family past.
Many thanks for any help you can give.

Andrew Ollier

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ollier, Hillier, Ellerton. Walker. In Nantwich
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 May 12 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hiya Andrew....and welcome to Rootschat...Frances J Hillier married Christopher Ollier in march qtr 1932 ( see  www.freebmd.org.uk  )...so Frances middle name was not Ann ..
let me see if I can find her birth
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 May 12 08:45 BST (UK) »
www.cheshirebmd.org.uk
Christopher Ollier married Frances J Hillier at St Johns church , Doddington
1911 mar qtr Frances J Hillier born Nantwich - on cheshire bmd she is registered Crewe
allan
added Christopher Ollier born june qtr 1909 Nantwich ...you should find Christopher on the 1911 census with his parents

Frank Ellerton married Annie Walker 1930 Civil marriage ( Registery Office or possible Catholic church )
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline saab93

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 May 12 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Allan... Thanks for your info...your rite Francis Jane Ollier!!  Francis with the I is what I am told is how she spelt it...Any thing further would be great to here as I am a total novis in this area.. She lived in Wybunbury area for a short period to,were the family Ollier home was..(wybunbury lane Wybunbury. I am getting excited to finding my family roots and finding there graves some of which are in the Church yard at Wybunbury. Pitty I didn't take much interest in my family more when they were here to answer any questions may of had

Cheers. Andy

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 May 12 09:06 BST (UK) »
http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb/
go to database
baptism
ollier
the 1st one you come to add a 1 to the number  ie (1)6870821 - this becomes 1687 - 08 - 21 ...which becomes    21st of august 1687 ...a bit difficult to navigate at first but you will get used to it ..
You need the 1911 census to get Christopher Ollier parents ...we should then find their marriage , and then hopefuly THEIR parents...that will get you back to around the Olliers are on the CSC site mentioned above ...but we NEED Christophers parents to continue
allan :)
added   www.familysearch.org  put in  Christopher Ollier  - birth - 1909 - cheshire - then search ...states was born in Wybunbury in 1909...there is a Christopher Edward Ollier b 1909 as well in Middlewich , but I would think yours is the Wybunbury birth - living in Stapeley ,Nantwich in census

Offline saab93

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 May 12 09:14 BST (UK) »
Thats fantastic Allan...I will try and find out My grandads parents names..
Thank you very much for all your help so far...I feel as though I am getting somewhere with my past...

Many Thanks.  :)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 May 12 09:19 BST (UK) »
The earliest parish records show that the Ollier family are in Whitegates , which is between Runcorn and Northwich ..
might I suggest you research family by family , otherwise you may get confused ...so start with the Ollier family - then the Hillier family - then the Ellerton family ...lastly the Walker family , this will be more difficult as it is a more common name
allan

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 May 12 09:28 BST (UK) »
Frances Jane Hillier was born in the village of Basford , Nantwich - according to the  census...let me see if I can find her parents .
allan
ADDED...I think I have found her mother
Frances Ann Hillier born 1872 Stoke on Trent
in Basford in same  census
buried 20th June  1944 Wybunbury ....is this the Frances Ann Hillier in your family ?
Husband is John William Hillier b 1869 Bristol ,Gloucestershire - they married dec qtr 1897 on www.freebmd.org.uk and www.lancashirebmd.org.uk
John William Hillier to Frances Ann Lane

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 May 12 09:52 BST (UK) »
If the Frances Ann Hillier buried june 1944 Wybunbury is yours - here she is with her parents and siblings in 1881 census
address  Hartshill,Stoke on Trent
Herbert Lane aged 46 born Birmingham
Sarah Lane aged 48 born Burslem ,Staffordshire
Walter Lane aged 20 born Stoke on Trent ( all children born Stoke )
Edward Lane aged 16
FRANCES ANN LANE  aged 9............your connection
Ernest Lane aged 6
Clara Lane aged 4
let me see if I can find the marriage of Herbert Lane to Sarah(added- no luck )
allan