Author Topic: Leighton Buzzard. Bedford. George Rowe.  (Read 8812 times)

Offline koalasa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Leighton Buzzard. Bedford. George Rowe.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 December 05 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rachael,

Yes we do have a link and a match. Eli Birdsey and his father Matthew Birdsey are in my wife Ann's line on her father's side. Eli Birdsey, born1846 married Sarah Rowe, born June 1846 in Leighton Buzzard, Bedford. England. Eli's parents were Matthew Birdsey, born 1815 Chesham, Buckingham, England and Eliza Lovett, born 9th April 1815 in Chesham, Buckingham. Eliza's parents were William Lovett, born 7th April 1794, in Chesham and Sarah Harding, born 1795.

Eli Birdsey and Sarah Rowe's daughter, Louisa Florence Birdsey, born 30 Aug 1874 in Leighton Buzzard, was my wife's grandmother. She married Frank Louis [aka Louis Frank] Robson, [born 9 Mar 1878 in Aldershot, Hampshire],  in 1900 in Leighton Buzzard. So far we haven't been able to trace any further back than Matthew Birdsey. Have you been able to do so?

I hope that this may help you in your research Rachael.
Stay happy and well.
regards,
Koala [South Australia]
Wales..Jones; Ireland..James; Ekins; Halligan; Love; Hudson; Burmas; England..Bedfordshire..Birdsey; Rowe; Cove; Buckingham..Lovett;  Essex..Barker; Robson; Stock; Harvey; Hampshire..Robson; Wiltshire..Abrey; London..Giles; Hutton; Evans; Australia..Jones; Barker; Robson; Stock; Love; Hutchens; Hammond;

Offline rachaelwareham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 December 05 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou very much for the information, so far i have yet to find information on Matthew Birdsey, but i would love to stay in contact with you. please don't hesitate to email me on MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses. Thank You
many many thanks
Rachael

Offline paulc1645

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 February 11 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rachael and koalasa

I also have a Eli Birdsey married to Sarah Birdesy (Rowe) in my tree.  However I've got Sarah down as being born in Charteris Cambridgeshire in 1847.  If we are talking about the same people then they are my great-great grandparents so I would be happy to exchange information with both of you

Thanks
Paul

Offline koalasa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 February 11 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,

I believe that we are talking about the same people. In the England and Wales, Civil Registration Index: 1837-1983. Sarah Rowe is shown as being born June 1846 in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, England. [Volume 6; Page #94.]

In the 1881 British Census as recorded in Family Search IGI Individual record - Sarah Birdsey [nee Rowe] is shown as having been born in Leighton Buzzard, Bedford, England in 1847. Her husband is Eli Birdsey and her occupation is a Straw Plaitter. They were living in Regent Street, Leighton Buzzard at this time. [Film 1341392; RG11; Piece 1641; Folio: 66; Page: 27]

In the Family Search IGI Individual Record [Source Information:  Batch #M003601; Dates: 1813-1875; Source Call #0826454] Eli Birdsey and Sarah Rowe were married 18 May 1865 in Leighton Buzzrd, Bedford, England. Eli was 20 at that time and Sarah was 19 years of age. Father of the Groom is recorded as Matthew Birdsey and father of the Bride is George Rowe.

I hope that this may help to determine that we have the same ancestors in our Family Trees.

Regards,
Harold and Ann Jones [aka koala in South Australia]
Wales..Jones; Ireland..James; Ekins; Halligan; Love; Hudson; Burmas; England..Bedfordshire..Birdsey; Rowe; Cove; Buckingham..Lovett;  Essex..Barker; Robson; Stock; Harvey; Hampshire..Robson; Wiltshire..Abrey; London..Giles; Hutton; Evans; Australia..Jones; Barker; Robson; Stock; Love; Hutchens; Hammond;

Offline paulc1645

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 February 11 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Harold.  My mistake I think.  I've just looked back through my records and you re right.  George Rowe is my great-great-great grandfather.  I have to say its a side of the family I haven't done to much research on which is supprising really as I only live 6 miles from Leighton Buzzard. 

Whats your wife's link?  Are you in contact with anybody else in the UK thats related?

If I can help any more I would be more than happy.  I've got a family tree on line should you like to take a look at it.  Contact me privatlely if you want to follow up.

Kind regards

Paul

Offline koalasa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 February 11 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Please contact me direct at: (*). My wife Ann's 3x great grandfather is Eli Birdsey, and we have a lot of information that we are happy to pass on if it will help.
regards,
Harold and Ann Jones [ South Australia ]

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline paulc1645

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 07 February 11 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Harold and Ann

Not sure if I got your email address right and its now been removed by the moderator.  Can you contact me via Personal Messaging.

Thanks

Kind regards

Paul