Author Topic: 1861 census look up please  (Read 2440 times)

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census look up please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 May 12 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi
The particular problem I've mentioned, involving western Carnarvonshire, is not affected by Registration Districts covering parts of 2 counties. The two 'problems' are not related.
Ffestiniog, Merionethshire Registration District includes Ynyscynhaiarn, Carnarvonshire (Porthmadog area). Ancestry correctly includes Ynyscynhaiarn under Carnarvonshire in all Censuses except 1911, where it's included with Merionethshire.
With Beddgelert you need to check under both counties, as part of what is now within Beddgelert parish was a detached part of another parish within Merionethshire. The detached part was merged with Beddgelert parish, and the county boundary was similarily revised. Beddgelert, like YCH, came under Ffestiniog Registration District until 1935.
Emyr

Offline malijibic

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census look up please
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 June 12 23:37 BST (UK) »
Another brick wall ! !  I now have the bc of Martha, daughter of William Jones and Sidney Roberts, born 1 June 1846, Groesfordd, Parish of  Edern.  My problem is that I can not find a marriage for William Jones and Sidney Roberts. If anyone has the time and inclination to be another pair of eyes for me I would appreciate it very much