Author Topic: Tasman Sotheran  (Read 4716 times)

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tasman Sotheran
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
Yep, thanks Sandra, gradually getting there. And after my success with Ann's questions I am sure I will be using this page heaps and will soon find my way around.
Cheers  Sue Collett

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 12:17 BST (UK) »
Great. It doesn't matter what the question is, where it is family history, something technical about the computer, there is always somewhere to post your query and someone will come up with an answer to help you.  ;D

Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline wildcherry

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 03:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Girls, This is Annie Sotheran extending a big thank you and sending good karma to those who provided me with information on my grandfather, Tasman Sotheran.  I had been searching for information on him for such a long time and to finally have concrete evidence of his place and time of death was just wonderful.  Now, I need a little more help please - I had already been in touch with Department of Public Health, Vital Records, California and asked them to search their records for me.  They came back to me with a "No result found" and took all my pennies !!!! I do believe the time frame and the location that I asked them to search through was correct.  Have any of you ladies had any experience of this?  Can I or should I be in touch with the Department again and ask them to provide the info. at no cost.  I still have all the contact details and can even telephone them if necessary.  I am also really interested to find the record myself on Family Search.  I have tried several times but must be not looking correctly.  Can you give me some help here please so that my future searches might be more successful  ??   Thanks again ladies, and now that I have somewhat mastered this little old Rootschat page I will probably spend the rest of my days talking to you all !!
cheers to everyone  Annie Sotheran.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 14:14 BST (UK) »
You're welcome!  Family Search just has the index of California deaths, so there's not a full record on there.  The link that I gave above should bring you to the right page of the index, and he's listed on the farthest column on the right.  I think the problem with the state finding the record might have been that his last name was spelled Southeran on the index rather than Sotheran.  I don't know if they'd give you the record for free now, but I guess it might be worth checking.