Author Topic: Michael F. Harold, Limerick  (Read 3016 times)

Offline kathgordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Michael F. Harold, Limerick
« on: Saturday 21 May 05 13:55 BST (UK) »
Looking for Harold family in Limerick. Michael Fulton Harold, son of Jacob, maried Rose Helen Foley in Loftus, North Yorkshire in 1912. Rose died in childbirth in 1914. Any information much appreciated. thanks. Kath

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Michael F. Harold, Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 May 05 14:12 BST (UK) »
Kath
can not help with Micheal or Jacob but these might help

James Harold b 25/3/1868 Broadford Lim.
father Charles
mother Margaret Mullane

James Harold 21/5/1870 Feenagh Lim.
father Thomas
mother Margaret Giltanane
both cival births  and unless some one says other wise I think Jacab & james are the same in Ireland

audrey

Offline kathgordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 May 05 17:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, Audrey. I gave you wrong information - sorry. Michael was the son of Joseph Harold and I suspect his brother was Jacob - or James. One of the "James" you found could be the right family. I am clutching at straws really. Michael was involved in the design/building of the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough and married my great aunt - who died even before my father was born. I had wondered if there were any Foleys in Limerick as I can't trace that side of the family anywhere in Ireland!
thanks again. Kath

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 May 05 18:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, Audrey. I gave you wrong information - sorry. Michael was the son of Joseph Harold and I suspect his brother was Jacob - or James. One of the "James" you found could be the right family. I am clutching at straws really. Michael was involved in the design/building of the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough and married my great aunt - who died even before my father was born. I had wondered if there were any Foleys in Limerick as I can't trace that side of the family anywhere in Ireland!
thanks again. Kath
yes there is Foleys in Limerick abt 100 of them

Offline kathgordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 May 05 18:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Audrey - again clutching at straws - Patrick James Foley - I only know he was born in Ireland 1843ish - one census said he was from Killelagh but the spelling could mean anything. He married in Stockton 1875. Rose was his daughter. I believe he had a brother Michael and a sister Mary - probably lots more!
I believe his father was James and his mother Mary but I am making no progress in finding them. Don't know if the whole family came to England.
Thanks. Kath

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 May 05 18:40 BST (UK) »
the earlyest Foley oh hear is 1866

audrey

Offline kathgordon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 May 05 08:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Audrey. I was just clutching at straws. Don't think I will ever track them down! Kath