Author Topic: IOW Newport Carisbrooke COOPER John and William  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Seaker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
IOW Newport Carisbrooke COOPER John and William
« on: Sunday 03 June 12 10:34 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anybody had any information about a Cooper family from the Newport/Carisbrooke area of the Isle of Wight.

I have two brothers from the Isle of Wight living in Bromley Kent.

John Cooper born 1805 approx (from census info)

William Cooper born 1808 approx (from census info)

They are both tailors by trade with a son of William taking over the business of John when his only son dies in his twenties.

Also according to family information (not proven) their father was called George and he was an Army Clothier who set up the original business in Bromley but both the boys consistently use Isle of Wight as their place of birth on Census returns.

I can see from looking at Newport census returns there seems to be quite a few "Coopers who are tailors" (possibly the same family?) so if anybody can shed some light on my strays or even link their family to mine I would be pleased to hear from them.

Seaker
MILNE Kent/Middlesex/Scotland; LANE Essex/London; BAXTER Kent; WARDEN London; WALMISLEY Westminster; COOPER Kent/Isle of Wight; DAY Kent; SWEETING Kent/Essex
BAKER Kent/Surrey; ANDERSON Essex; MANNERING Kent; COPPARD Kent/Sussex; TAYLOR Kent; ALCHIN Kent