Author Topic: 1841 Scotland Lanarkshire Coatbridge MILNE David lookup request  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Seaker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 Scotland Lanarkshire Coatbridge MILNE David lookup request
« on: Sunday 03 June 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
Would someone be able to do a 1841 Scotland Census lookup for me?

I have the following information from the Ancestry website with its "all we're allowed to give you" statement and I would like to know what other information there is that I'm not allowed to see! 

Name David Milne
Age 15
Where born England
Civil Parish Old Monkland
County Lanarkshire
Address Coatbridge
Parish Number 652

Other information I have is;

Born 23 June 1826 William Street St Pancras
Parents Alexander Milne (carpenter) and Margaret

Joined 1st B Rifle Brigade 1848 at Coatbridge Scotland due to rioting in the area, gave occupation as a clerk

I know almost everything about him from the day he joined up to the day he died but apart from his birth nothing about his early life or his family

According to family information he was articled to an Architect (possibly an Uncle) and his parents were Scottish so any further information about my Gx2 Grandfather would be gratefully received.

Seaker

MILNE Kent/Middlesex/Scotland; LANE Essex/London; BAXTER Kent; WARDEN London; WALMISLEY Westminster; COOPER Kent/Isle of Wight; DAY Kent; SWEETING Kent/Essex
BAKER Kent/Surrey; ANDERSON Essex; MANNERING Kent; COPPARD Kent/Sussex; TAYLOR Kent; ALCHIN Kent

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Scotland Lanarkshire Coatbridge MILNE David lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 June 12 11:32 BST (UK) »
Scottish census are a separate pay as you view sites
The 1841 might show the relationship to Will Rose  I see Agnes Thornton  is listed as a F S (female Servant)

Regards Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Seaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 12 08:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pam for the info.

Not having done Scottish research before, I wasn't sure if the info was available on other sites as well or by subscription instead of just PPV.

The Rose family name is tantalising as apparently David Milne called his wife "Miss Rose" as a pet name so this may be his mother's family,  on the other hand it may have nothing to do with it and just be one of those coincidences!

Grrr, the frustration!

I shall have to save up to find out.

Thanks, Seaker.

MILNE Kent/Middlesex/Scotland; LANE Essex/London; BAXTER Kent; WARDEN London; WALMISLEY Westminster; COOPER Kent/Isle of Wight; DAY Kent; SWEETING Kent/Essex
BAKER Kent/Surrey; ANDERSON Essex; MANNERING Kent; COPPARD Kent/Sussex; TAYLOR Kent; ALCHIN Kent

Offline Seaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 June 12 15:55 BST (UK) »
UPDATE

Just to let people know, I have be able to find the census I wanted on the freecen.org.uk website. (not that it has taken me much further, but isn't that sometimes the way; one step forward, two steps sideways!)

Seaker