Author Topic: Cadwalader and Jane Jones, Trawsfynydd  (Read 8008 times)

Offline Jones123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cadwalader and Jane Jones, Trawsfynydd
« on: Monday 04 June 12 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, could someone please help me with the place of burial of my GGG grandparents,  Jane Jones b.1818 d.1853, living at Wern Bach, Trawsfynydd and Caldwalder Jones b.1812 d.1882 living at Islawr Coed, Trawsfynydd.  I have recently returned from the area and tried my hardest to search the churchyard at Trawsfynydd but was unable to find anything.  Both deaths were registered at Festiniog.

Many thanks.  Linda Jones.
Jones - Llanycil, Trawsfyndd, Bala, Dolgelly, Bristol
Williams - Dolgelly
Rowlands - Dolgelly

Offline Wil Hen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cadwalader and Jane Jones, Trawsfynydd
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 June 12 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
Jane gwraig (wife) Cadwaladr Jones Wern Isaf (age 37) buried 19 October 1853 in Madryn Sant Church Cemetery Trawsfynydd;
Cadwaladr Jones Islawrcoed (age 72) buried June 5 1882 Madryn Sant Church Cemetery;

Hwyl

Offline Jones123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 June 12 18:25 BST (UK) »
Wil Hen - my sincere thanks to you.  I am extremely grateful for your help.

I was certain this was the place they were buried and I am so glad I visited it.

Linda.
Williams - Dolgelly
Rowlands - Dolgelly

Offline fforiwr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

Very interesting to see that we have common ancestors in Cadwalader and Jane Jones. They were my paternal GG grandparents. I am carrying out some research into the family at the moment and only visited the cemetery at Trawsfynydd a few days ago. John Cadwaladr was my great grandfather and so far I know very little about his siblings Robert, Martha and Lewis. I look forward to discovering which one you are descended from ?

Offline Jones123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi - yes I am a descendant of Martha Jones (b.1847), she is my paternal GG Grandmother.  I have only found that she had 2 siblings, Robert (b 1842) and Lewis (b.1853).  I don't have anything on John Cadwalader!

I was as Trawsfynydd church 2 weeks ago!

Linda Jones
Williams - Dolgelly
Rowlands - Dolgelly

Offline fforiwr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 June 12 23:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda

I received your personal message but it seems, unfortunately, that I am not allowed to reply yet as I only registered for this web site yesterday.

I can tell you, however, that John Cadwaladr was  born to Cadwalader and Jane Jones of Gwndwn, Trawsfynydd in 1839. The 1841 Census verifies this. I believe that sometime between 1841 and 1851 they moved to Wern Bach, Trawsfynydd and had three other children although I still don't quite understand why John did not remain with them. The ages of Jane and Cadwalader Jones in the 1851 Census at Wern Bach seem to more or less match those in the 1841 Census at Gwndwn and it seems unlikely that there would have been two couples with the same names of the same ages in such a small area.

Other links are that John Cadwaladr left Wern Bach farm to my grandfather Robert Cadwaladr Jones and a house known as "Islaw'r Coed", Trawsfynydd to his sister Jane. I think it is more than a coincidence that Cadwalader Jones, his son Robert and two children also lived at Islaw'r Coed according to the 1881 Census.

Eryl Jones

Offline Jones123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 June 12 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Eryl

Thanks for your reply.  The family definitely lived at Wern Bach (we went there 2 weeks ago - have you seen the remains of the property - I can send you some photos if you want).

I can't really work this out as I have Cadwalader (b.1874), Hugh (b.1877), Lewis (b.1884) and Jane (b.1888) as children of Lewis (Robert's brother!).

In 1871 Robert had moved into Islaw'r Coed with his wife Sarah and son Cadwalader but by the 1881 census he had another child Sarah but was a widower.

As I am descended from Martha I have spent all my research time on that side of the family tree rather than the side you are descended from!

I have part of this tree on 'Find My Past' if you are a member, although it's not complete as I had a break from research for a year and have only just got back to it. 

Regards
Linda Jones.

Williams - Dolgelly
Rowlands - Dolgelly

Offline trot30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 March 13 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Fforiwr -
pleasse contact me, tried pm but your inbox is full
thanks
Llanfor, Llandderfel, Llanycil, Llangywer, Llanuwchllyn, Cefnddwysarn.

Offline fforiwr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 21 March 13 01:17 GMT (UK) »
trot30. how can I help you ?

Fforiwr