Author Topic: Brown family from Inverkeilor  (Read 2230 times)

Offline dianet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Brown family from Inverkeilor
« on: Saturday 21 May 05 18:13 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on the following family:

HENRY or HARRY BROWN married ISOBEL SCOTT.  They had the following children, all born in Inverkeillor:

HENRY BROWN (b. 1768)

ANDREW BROWN (b. 1771)

JEAN BROWN (b. 1774)

ALEXANDER BROWN (b. 1784)

GRACE OR GIRZEL BROWN (b. circa 1786)

ASHBY (Fife), BARTY (Perth > Angus), BELL (Angus), BROWN (Angus), BROWNHILL(S) (Perth > Angus), MORRIS (Fife > Angus), SCOT (Angus), STALKER(S) (Angus), WILL (Perth > Angus > Canada)

Offline gzmcwherter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Brown family from Inverkeilor
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 03:11 BST (UK) »
I don't know if you have this, but www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk has his will:

Brown   Henry   15/09/1813   tenant in Border, afterwards residing at Leysmill   Inventory, Disposition and Settlement, Inventory and Appreciation   St Andrews Commissary Court   CC20/7/5
   Brown   Henry   01/07/1819   tenant in Border, thereafter residing at Leysmill, parish Inverkeilor   Testament Dative and Inventory   St Andrews Commissary Court   CC20/4/30

The will mentions wife Isobel Scott, children Andrew, Alexander, Jean, Elspeth, Girzel and Isobel, & (grandson) Henry son of Andrew.

Hope this helps!
Gina

Offline dianet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Gina,

Thanks so much for the info!  I haven't visited Scotland's People recently, but I surely will soon.  Are you related to Henry Brown?

This board is terrific.  This is the second time I've made breakthroughs because of it.

Thanks again,

Diane
ASHBY (Fife), BARTY (Perth > Angus), BELL (Angus), BROWN (Angus), BROWNHILL(S) (Perth > Angus), MORRIS (Fife > Angus), SCOT (Angus), STALKER(S) (Angus), WILL (Perth > Angus > Canada)

Offline gzmcwherter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 June 05 00:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,
I've been researching my husband's best friend family for the last couple of years (at his request). He is a descendant of Girzel/Grace Brown & John Bell.
Regards,
Gina

Offline dianet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 June 05 14:22 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Grace Brown's son John Bell, married to Mary Stalkers.  Would you be interested in exchanging info?  Contact me at: *

Diane

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline LLES

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 July 05 01:14 BST (UK) »
Gina & Diane,

I would very much like to exchange Brown family information with you!!! 

I am your distant cousin Diane, and I am a distant cousin to Gina's husband's best friend....I am a descendant of Alexander BROWN, brother to Girzel/Grace BROWN.  We have Henry and Isobel BROWN as common relatives.

I was very excited to see this family listed here.

Please reply to this message, I look forward to "talking" with both of you!

Lorrie